Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lots of love for Bengals from sites that do power rankings

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Lots of love for Bengals from sites that do power rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint
    Oh I'm getting ready to email him right now too, can't wait to see the response, if he even bothers to reply.
    Don't hold your breath. I emailed and wrote Fox about their All Star game broadcast and didn't even get an acknowledgement of my message.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint
    Oh I'm getting ready to email him right now too, can't wait to see the response, if he even bothers to reply.
    He also opined on PTI that Lance Armstrong was not an athlete.

Kind of funny, coming from a guy who weighs four bills.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    He also opined on PTI that Lance Armstrong was not an athlete.
    All I know is that I can go out and ride 10 or 20 miles around where I live and only go up very moderate hills and I will be wiped out. Then I watch some of the highlights from France and see these guys going up mountains. Nobody is going to tell me they aren't athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    All I know is that I can go out and ride 10 or 20 miles around where I live and only go up very moderate hills and I will be wiped out. Then I watch some of the highlights from France and see these guys going up mountains. Nobody is going to tell me they aren't athletes.
    My thoughts exactly, I go to the gym and ride a stationary bike for about 6 miles every other day and by the time I am done I am exhausted.

I got a stationary bike too. Just dusted it the other day!

But then I'm one of those guys whose metabolism is so hyper that it makes people mad to see me eat like I do and not gain a LB.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Hey GAC, what are the chances you could tickets to the Michigan State game? BTW, I scored an extra ticket for the OSU-Michigan game through a trade. I now have 3 tickets. Get to work.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I was guessing 10-6, but after looking at the schedule, I think it would possible for 13-3 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    I was guessing 10-6, but after looking at the schedule, I think it would possible for 13-3 or so.

Shhhhhhh, don't let Jason WHitlock or Randy Cross hear you say that. We are the lowly Bengals and we need to be kept in our place!

And likely to stay that way after playing Houston this week.
    Is it just me, or is anybody else worried about this weekend's game? I still like the Bengals straight up, but the 9.5 points they are giving to Houston has got me a tad bit worried.

Nothing more dangerous than a winless team coming off a bye-week...coming to play a team that has been told for three weeks how good it is...just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Is it just me, or is anybody else worried about this weekend's game? I still like the Bengals straight up, but the 9.5 points they are giving to Houston has got me a tad bit worried.

Nothing more dangerous than a winless team coming off a bye-week...coming to play a team that has been told for three weeks how good it is...just sayin'
    I think that happened to the Bengals in '88. They were 6-0 and going in to play a winless team and lost. I can't remember who the team was, but it was a road game. You always have to be sure not to have a letdown against the bad teams because they're going to be pumped to try to knock off an unbeaten team. Remember what we did to KC a couple years ago? Then again, that was a home game. Houston is playing on the road this week. If the Bengals play their game, they'll win by a good margin.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Also, the Bengals aren't just "beating" the bad teams, the games aren't even close. In years past, they would have beaten Cleveland 16-13, or whatever. This year, they trounce them. Ditto Chicago and Minnesota.

Twill be interesting to see how they fare against a more competitive opponent. Won't be Texas, though, I'm afraid.
    I agree that they are currently trouncing teams, but their defense isn't going to intercept five passes every game. Carson Palmer isn't going to going to complete 71.2 % of his passes for the season.

They are much improved, but the meat of their schedule still awaits them. People who are talking thirteen wins need to have their heads examined. I say that they will go 10-6 and make some noise in the playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Hey GAC, what are the chances you could tickets to the Michigan State game? BTW, I scored an extra ticket for the OSU-Michigan game through a trade. I now have 3 tickets. Get to work.
    I'll give it my best shot Mike. I'll go across the street and talk with the neighbor.

But you do realize that if you go over and tailgate that you can always get tix (and not at exhorbant prices either). I have friends that do it every home game.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

They didn't trounce my Browns. Check out the stats.

Both offenses were moving the ball up and down the field. I'm not saying we would have won; but we shot ourselves in the foot in that game over a sure 14 pts.

I think that happened to the Bengals in '88. They were 6-0 and going in to play a winless team and lost. I can't remember who the team was, but it was a road game.
    The Bengals were indeed 6-0 before losing at New England, which was 2-4 entering the game. I'll never forget Irving Fryar dancing around in front of the crowd when it became apparent that the Patsies were going to win the game. I never liked him after that.

Although the Bengals went only 6-4 in the regular season after that 6-0 start, they didn't have to sweat too much in their two playoff games, and were the best team in the NFL in 1988. Yes, the Cincinnati Bengals had the best team in the NFL in 1988.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

13 wins isn't that far fetched. Look at their schedule. 3 tough games, 2 against Pitts & 1 against Indy. Unless if they screw up something, they should beat everyone else.

Turn Off Ads?