Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lots of love for Bengals from sites that do power rankings

Re: Lots of love for Bengals from sites that do power rankings

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    13 wins isn't that far fetched. Look at their schedule. 3 tough games, 2 against Pitts & 1 against Indy. Unless if they screw up something, they should beat everyone else.
    Oh, there are lots of games that will be tough:

at Jacksonville
    at Tennessee (no, I'm not kidding)
    at Kansas City
    at Baltimore (never take a game in Baltimore for granted)

along with the two Pittsburgh games and the Colts game that you mentioned.

I also wouldn't chalk these two up as wins just yet:

Buffalo
    at Detroit

Really, though, all this is idle banter at this point. There will be some teams that are expected to be tough that won't be and vice versa. It happens that way every year.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Is anyone else listening to Lance right now with David Pollack? It's fairly interesting.

My Email to Jason Whitlock:

Man you are quite the idiot.

Hmm... Indy won't be able to beat San Fran b/c it's "so hard to win on the road," yet you then say that Tampa Bay is going to go on the road and do the exact same thing!!!!

You talk about how difficult it is to win on the road, yet you don't give credit to the Bengals for doing just that!!

Daunte Culpepper threw 5 interceptions, so did Kyle Orton; are we to believe that starting Jeff Blake would have made the difference?

You are truly a moron and I hope that they aren't paying you for these "opinions."

LOL, I figured "what the hey" and went for the gusto.
    The dude isn't even logical in his Bengal-bashing!
    He talks about the difficulty of winning on the road and then discredits the Bengals for doing just that; LOL, if Jeff Blake played the Bears win that game?!?! PLEASEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Is anyone else listening to Lance right now with David Pollack? It's fairly interesting.
    Hey ORH, can you summarize what Pollack and Lance talked about?

I didn't get to hear it and would really appreciate hearing what Pollack had to say.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Hey ORH, can you summarize what Pollack and Lance talked about?

I didn't get to hear it and would really appreciate hearing what Pollack had to say.
    I was listening while I was working, so there was a lot I didn't get that well, but he talked a lot about the transition from college to the pros and how he was doing trying to learn a new position. He talked about how in college he was primarily a down lineman and never had to drop into pass coverage, so that was the biggest transition. Lance asked him a lot about what life was like in the NFL, what their practice schedules are like and what road trips are like. He opened up a restaurant/pub kind of place down in Georgia with some friend he has known for years and Lance had some questions about that.

There were a few non sports things that impressed me about him. He talked about how he's really still trying to learn and he doesn't feel like he's anywhere near where he needs to be, but he's spending a lot of time listening to the veteran players and trying to pick their brains. He seemed to have a huge amount of respect for the veteran players and for his coaches. Lance asked him if he was disappointed not to be getting that much playing time and he said that he just wanted to help the team however he can and his playing time will increase when he progresses better. I think he said something like, "Sure I would like to be out there making more plays, but I have to do what the team needs right now and keep working on improving my game." At least it was something like that. He had nothing but praise for Odell Thurman, saying that Thurman was way ahead of him. I don't remember much else of detail, just that he talked a lot about their routine, how team meetings are held and when they turn in on Saturday nights before game days. He seemed to be pretty well spoken and to have a good attitude. He didn't want to say much about the holdout though. I was hoping he would address that more, but it didn't seem like a real comfortable topic for him at the moment. That's what I can remember. Perhaps someone else heard the show and can fill in any gaps that I left.

You basically got it all ORH. Few little tidbits I'll add though. His cafe is called Pollack's Press, which his friend came up with, but David thinks is kind of dumb. He said the work day was basically about 7-8 in the morning all the way thur until 7-8 at night.

The thing I found most interesting was he seemed to really have a solid sense of humor, making fun of Lance whenever he really got the chance.

His attitude about Cincinnati was something along the lines of he wasn't here when all the losing took place and he didn't care about it because they didn't intend to ever experience that again in Cincinnati.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Okay, I love my Bengals, but this is just crazy...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...r-rankings.htm

USA Today has the Bengals ranked #2 in the NFL in their latest rankings.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Okay, I love my Bengals, but this is just crazy...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...r-rankings.htm

USA Today has the Bengals ranked #2 in the NFL in their latest rankings.

They have to be at this stage. THe defense is still rankings inflated from the heavy turnover games early on. They will regress back to being a mediocre defensive team by the end of the year. The Offense appears to be for real though and it should be enough to keep them bobbing up towards the top all year.

Turn Off Ads?