Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This One Is For Married Men

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.

Re: This One Is For Married Men

Wow, oh my, after reading all this, again wow. I am so GLAD I am single. Been divorced for 30 years after two wives. I am so fortunate. I do all my own house cleaning (when needed) do my own laundry and leave it in the dryer most of the time untill needed, do the dishes when I feel like it, do my own cooking and very good at it thank you. No *****ing from any one and believe it or not, the house is in good shape most of the time. Pay all the bills and money left I can do with it however I wish, wine, beer etc. I can have friends over anytime, including the Hooter girls without any one complaining, go to bed when I feel like it, get up whenever I wish.
    Am I ever lonely, heck no and heck no again. Would not trade my lifestyle for anyones. Would I ever consider getting married again, NO WAY! I love my fredom and space.
    Thanks for this thread GAC, it made me appreciate single life more than ever. Now I don't pretend that single life is all that great, you just have to be married before to appreciate it. BTW I was married to two fine women, still friends after all these years but married life just wasn't for me I guess.

But to you all that are husbands, stay married, just put your foot down when you need too. Life can be better if you do.
    Last edited by Johnny Vander m; 10-03-2005 at 01:42 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vander m
    But to you all that are husbands, stay married, just put your foot down when you need too. Life can be better if you do.
    Yeah, that'll work.

Maybe that's why the guy's been divorced twice? Just kiddin' ther Wetz. :

Hey! I'm sure our wives put up with quite alot with us husbands too. I know mine does.

You know why husbands usually die before their wives?

Because they want to.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Cruisin' for trouble

Been married nearly six years now and I think it was to Sundeck's wife's sister.

Biggest pet peeve is that she just absolutely abuses the trash can. Even if it's full, she'll continue to top it off and just wait for me to eventually come along and empty it.

She doesn't clean up after she makes something to eat. She doesn't cook much and shows no interest in learning how to improve.

The bedroom closet also doubles as the bedroom floor - or vice versa.

She'll start 10 projects and not finish one. If CSI ever came into our house, they would die of sensory overload.

My father-in-law and I just recently finished two rooms (both 16x12) in the basement. She was given a room to do projects; I took the other room to build a media room. Now that the DLP projector went up in the media room, I came downstairs yesterday to find that she setup the sewing machine in it!

But, having said that, I wouldn't trade her for the world. She may be messy, unorganized and such, but has a good heart.

'Course, it's only been six years.

My wife and I have been married for 20 years and raised 3 kids to teenage years. Most (if not all) of the idiosynchracies we might have have long been worked out. You can't get to 20 years without doing that.

My wife is a gem, I love her with all my heart, and I'd be a bum without her.

About the only complaint I have is that:

A.) My wife is a perfectionist.
    B.) She cannot rest unless everything is perfect.
    C.) However, things never are perfect.
    D.) Consequently, my wife never rests on her own volition.

For a long time, she expected me to be the same and couldn't understand how I could sit on the patio and read a book when the house was a mess.

I said "If I don't get to sit down for a while, I'll go crazy. Whatever it is that needs done, it can wait. I won't do you much good in the loony bin".

I usually pitch in when stuff needs to be done and have gotten good at conscripting and managing the kids to get stuff done. However, every so often I .... have .... had ..... enough .... and I go sit down.

My wife is also good at seeing "Roy has shut down look" on my face and leaving sleeping dogs lie.

Pay attention to the open sky

The only real complaint I have is that my wife is pack rat. I really enjoy telling her "I'll clean up while your gone" as she leaves to go out of town. She will came back and ask what I threw away. Of course I refuse to answer and tell her to let me know if she finds anything missing. I am a mean person.

Actually she is saint, she has put up with me for 16 years.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Yeah, that'll work.
    It does.
    Go Gators!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

If my wife could safely maneuver a vehical in and out of the garage she would be absolutely perfect. In the grand scheme of things a new grill and a few rear view mirrors have been a small price to pay over the years.

She knows how and when to work. She knows how and when to play . She loves the Reds and the Buckeyes and will watch the Bengals if prompted. She is a great cook. She is smart, funny, and has a warm heart. She runs 20 miles a week, reads, volunteers, and genuinely cares about people.

She is equally comfortable with a shot, a beer, a glass of wine, or a glass of champagne. She will camp and fish with me one weekend and head to the art gallery the next.

9 years and counting ... lucky me

GL

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

You know, after reading this thread, contemplating about some of the little ways my wife irritates me, and having a laugh about the similarities we share with so many other couples, I can honestly that I wouldn't trade her for anything. It's like that scene in Rocky where he is talking about Adrian and he says, "I got gaps, she's got gaps. We fill each other's gaps." Well, it's something like that. The quote might not be exact, but what it says is so true. I wish she could be more of a sports fan, but we do fill each other's gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    You know, after reading this thread, contemplating about some of the little ways my wife irritates me, and having a laugh about the similarities we share with so many other couples, I can honestly that I wouldn't trade her for anything.
    Reminds me of that episode of Married With Children where Al drops Peg off at a beauty spa and refers to it as a 10,000 mile check-up.... and then asks the guy at the counter if he can have a loaner!

The Ultimate Pet Peeve in my house. Putting things in the wrong place in the fridge. We put milk, and juice on the top shelf. We have two shelves that hardly anything sits on, yet anytime we have leftovers, she puts them in front of the milk and juice. So I must move the leftovers, before I get milk or juice. At least once a week for the last 4+ years.

The damn curling iron, has got to go. It sits on our vanity all the time, and often get knocked onto the floor. What I don't get is that she has a curling iron she uses all the time, and she has straight hair. Why the curling iron?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    Been married nearly six years now and I think it was to Sundeck's wife's sister.

Biggest pet peeve is that she just absolutely abuses the trash can. Even if it's full, she'll continue to top it off and just wait for me to eventually come along and empty it.
    Bingo. These chicks were separated at birth.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

bomarl1969

Here are my biggest complaints about my wife...

1. That damn toilet seat, why should ir be left down? That is a double standard cause women say that they have to put it down when they go in, but damnit men have to lift it up! Unitl I leak sitting, that seat is staying up!

2. Music-She thinks she is so smart when it comes to music. But she listens to crap like Kayne West, John Mayer, J Lo, Brittany Spears, Jessica and Ashley Simpson, Matchbox 20, etc. I hate when I am in the car with her and its her turn to listen to the radio...gawd I just want to bang my head off the steering wheel.

3. TV-All she watches is MTV or VH1 and not the good shows on VH1, she'll watch that crap about celebrity kids and stuff.

4. Her complaints about me playing softball, PS2, deer hunting, 4-wheeling, watching TV, my friends coming over...all this when "I could be spending time with her"

I'm done

How many of your wife's watch/love Lifetime MovieNetwork (LMN)?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    How many of your wife's watch/love Lifetime MovieNetwork (LMN)?
    Lifetime and HGTV here. The TV can be the cause of much marital strife. We have digital cable, and still do since we came to a little agreement after she wanted to have it disconnected, but we only have the digital box on one of the TVs. The TV in the other room has the basic channels, 70 some of them or so, and that includes all the channels she likes to watch, mostly the above mentioned ones. So I will be watching History International or an English Premier League soccer match in the living room, both on channels that are only on the digital box, and she will plop down on the couch, grab the remote, and switch it to HGTV for some home remodeling show. Those shows are a ploy of Satan against men everywhere. They are designed to make us look bad because we aren't as handy with tools as the men on those shows who can darn near build an entire house in one day and have time left over to add all those decorative touches that make women go gaga.

I have never figured out the double standard regarding talking during a TV program either. I can be watching a really interesting documentary on the History Channel, especially the International version that I really enjoy, and that is always the time that something needs to be discussed. She will just walk into the room and start talking to me, and then get a little out of kilter if I don't respond promptly. So the other day I thought I would test the system a bit. She started watching one of those shows on Court TV about how they caught some silly bugger who thought he had gotten away with some dastardly crime and she was really into it, regular on the edge of her seat kind of stuff. I had waited for this moment and I launched my assault as planned. I chose that moment to bring up some things that needed to be discussed, but that I could easily have waited until later to bring up, and I just started talking to her the way she does to me when I'm watching something I like. I even waited until the commercial was over to start the conversation. She got a little miffed and said, "Can that wait until this is over. It's really interesting." I said, "Ok, but maybe that could apply both ways." I haven't had the problems since then. Last night when I turned on the baseball game, she just walked to the other room and started watching HGTV or some such thing and I asked her if she wanted to sit in the living room and chat. She mentioned that I was watching the TV so she didn't want to interrupt it, and I just had to say, "But McCarver is announcing this game. I don't have a problem with talking over him." Yes, progress has been made, but there's still some room to go. I think she's almost to the point of being able to tell the difference between a History Channel documentary and a baseball game and why it is important to hear what is said during one but not necessarily during the other. Marriage is so much fun.

Turn Off Ads?