Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This One Is For Married Men

Re: This One Is For Married Men

ORH, turning the table!

That is so awesome. I don't even go near her when Desperate Housewives is on, but she is more then ok, with talking at me during Lost or Invasion. Shows that require attention to detail.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Your wives do the laundry?

yea, how do you get that to happen?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Lifetime and HGTV here. So
    She will just walk into the room and start talking to me, and then get a little out of kilter if I don't respond promptly.
    You, my friend need a DVR. Yesterday, don't wait, go get one.

Wife walks into the room, starts talking, I pause the TV show and look back sweetly at my gal and converse ... and then return to my regularly scheduled program when she decides she is done with me. Fast forward through any commercials and get caught back up to real-time. Better yet, record all your shows ahead of time and watch them completely at your leisure.

All my girlfriends did this too. I think they just want to feel more important than the History Channel, and really, can you blame them? I'd like to think I am more important than the 6 O'Clock news.

Get the DVR (I like TiVo) and I promise you'll thank me later.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    You, my friend need a DVR. Yesterday, don't wait, go get one.

Wife walks into the room, starts talking, I pause the TV show and look back sweetly at my gal and converse ... and then return to my regularly scheduled program when she decides she is done with me. Fast forward through any commercials and get caught back up to real-time. Better yet, record all your shows ahead of time and watch them completely at your leisure.

All my girlfriends did this too. I think they just want to feel more important than the History Channel, and really, can you blame them? I'd like to think I am more important than the 6 O'Clock news.

Get the DVR (I like TiVo) and I promise you'll thank me later.

GL
    GL,
    I'm calling you right now and handing the phone to my wife.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    GL,
    I'm calling you right now and handing the phone to my wife.
    Some times a man has to go it alone. This is one of those times.

We just found out we are expecting our first, as I am about to graduate college. (I went back to school later in life to become pursue my teaching degree.) She had promised me Reds season tickets if I ever went back to school and graduated (that's the key, graduation!). I graduate in 2 months, and last night I am teasing her about how I can't wait for Reds season tickets. The "tale" about women being moody when they are pregnant is true. I was actually kidding around about the tickets, when she ripped me a new one and said, "We are about to bring a child into this world, and all you're concerned with are season tickets? What is your problem?" It's going to be a long 7 months (remaining).

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    It's going to be a long 7 months (remaining).
    It won't end at 7 months. Trust me on this redsfanfalcon.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    We just found out we are expecting our first, as I am about to graduate college. (I went back to school later in life to become pursue my teaching degree.) She had promised me Reds season tickets if I ever went back to school and graduated (that's the key, graduation!). I graduate in 2 months, and last night I am teasing her about how I can't wait for Reds season tickets. The "tale" about women being moody when they are pregnant is true. I was actually kidding around about the tickets, when she ripped me a new one and said, "We are about to bring a child into this world, and all you're concerned with are season tickets? What is your problem?" It's going to be a long 7 months (remaining).
    season tickets = diapers, formula, baby carrier, wipes, stroller.

And they are moody even when not pregnant.

When we had our last (Samuel in '96) it was during a blizzard. She went into a lonnng labor starting that morning. We had a private birthing room. Needless to say, it made for a long day.

The problem was that that night was the NCAA Championship Bowl game between Florida and Nebraska. And my inconsiderate wife decided to deliver right in the middle of the game.

The Dr and I were both trying to watch the game in the room (and also be supportive ), while my wife was laying there trying to push this kid out. Our first two kids came pretty easily, but Samuel was not cooperating one bit. She was screaming at nurses, doctors, and just about anyone who was in range.

Me? I was the smart one - I stayed clear. After all, I alreaqdy did my part.

The next day she said that if she could have gotten her hands on either me or that Dr she would have strangled us. And I believe she would have done it too!

Anyway - Samuel ended up being the first child born in Logan County in 1996. So we got that going for us.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-12-2005 at 08:17 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    season tickets = diapers, formula, baby carrier, wipes, stroller.

And they are moody even when not pregnant.

When we had our last (Samuel in '96) it was during a blizzard. She went into a lonnng labor starting that morning. We had a private birthing room. Needless to say, it made for a long day.

The problem was that that night was the NCAA Championship Bowl game between Florida and Nebraska. And my inconsiderate wife decided to deliver right in the middle of the game.

The Dr and I were both trying to watch the game in the room (and also be supportive ), while my wife was laying there trying to push this kid out. Our first two kids came pretty easily, but Samuel was not cooperating one bit. She was screaming at nurses, doctors, and just about anyone who was in range.

Me? I was the smart one - I stayed clear. After all, I alreaqdy did my part.

The next day she said that if she could have gotten her hands on either me or that Dr she would have strangled us. And I believe she would have done it too!

Anyway - Samuel ended up being the first child born in Logan County in 1996. So we got that going for us.
    GAC: Speaking as a Gator fan who actually attended this game in Tempe, I believe that I would have rather been in the labor hall with your wife.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    GAC: Speaking as a Gator fan who actually attended this game in Tempe, I believe that I would have rather been in the labor hall with your wife.
    Agreed
    Go Gators!

Thanks for the heads up. I should have talked to you all ahead of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Yes -the afterbirth was prettier then that game.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?