Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paris Hilton breaks off engagement

Paris Hilton breaks off engagement

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Paris Hilton has ended her five-month engagement to a Greek shipping heir, a celebrity magazine reported.

The celebutante broke off wedding plans with Paris Latsis, according to a report posted Friday on Us Weekly's Web site.

"I'm sad to announce that I've called off my engagement," Hilton told the magazine.

"Over the last couple months I've realized that this is the right decision for me," Hilton said.

"We remain best of friends, and I'll always love him," Hilton's statement added. "I hope people will respect my privacy during this emotional time."
    Spring engagement

Hilton, 24 and Latsis, 22, became engaged in the spring.

"I'm so in love and grateful to have found such an honest and loyal person," Hilton told Us Weekly at the time.

"I feel like we were meant to be, and I'm happy to have found someone to spend the rest of my life with. He's amazing in every way."

Latsis gave the hotel heiress and reality television show star a 24 carat, $5 million diamond engagement ring.

It was not immediately clear what would happen to the ring.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Paris Hilton breaks off engagement

[Sarcasm]

I can't believe it, this is so sad.

[/Sarcasm]
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Shocking.

Is there a bigger waste of time out there than Paris Hilton. Maybe Ashton Kutcher, but that's about all I can think of.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Is there a bigger waste of time out there than Paris Hilton. Maybe Ashton Kutcher, but that's about all I can think of.
    Kevin Federline says hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Sham

Hey, the South Park homage to Paris was pretty funny.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

That's a person? I thought it was a hotel in France.

Future Reds All Star TeamMorris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    As for Paris...Oh my, what a huge shock to the world!!

Still not sure what the hang up with Kutcher is!? He is young, is an OK actor, dated Demi for longer than most (stars or not) before they got married and she is an "older woman". The problem Sometimes I feel sorry for stars being in the spot light all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    As for Paris...Oh my, what a huge shock to the world!!

Still not sure what the hang up with Kutcher is!? He is young, is an OK actor, dated Demi for longer than most (stars or not) before they got married and she is an "older woman". The problem Sometimes I feel sorry for stars being in the spot light all the time.
    What did it for me was his stupid Punk'd tv show.

Does this not pretty much end any chance the world ever had of someone named Paris marrying someone named Paris?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Does this not pretty much end any chance the world ever had of someone named Paris marrying someone named Paris?

No, we'll always have Paris.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    My ex-wife had a great aunt and great uncle, married to each other, both were named Pearl.

/yes I know it's not quite the same, but still...
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    My ex-wife had a great aunt and great uncle, married to each other, both were named Pearl.

/yes I know it's not quite the same, but still...
    Hint: If you don't think about her she doesn't exist.

BTW I know a couple in Terrace Park both named Gene/Jean

this unfortunately does mean the much anticipated Paris Meats Paris Official Honeymoon DVD will no longer be available on Amazon.

If those two crazy kids couldn't make it, what hope is there for the rest of us?

Turn Off Ads?