Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On a side note, Bengals are 4-0

Re: On a side note, Bengals are 4-0

I'm glad we all have found something to discuss since the Red's miserable season has ended.

But playing Columbo, and really looking at that picture - it is really inconclusive as to whether he has possession or not. This appears to be a pic of him going back - and he still had possession of the ball at that point (that was a no doubter when it happened during the game and watching the film). It was after his arm was back that he got hit that the questions arise.

So I really don't think this pic tells us anything.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    If you look at the picture, you can see Carr's grip on the football is not the same grip he uses for throwing. You have to assume, as Danny Serafini stated, that he didn't have control of the ball while his arm was moving forward.

FUMBLE!
    Hey, that's a great point. I haven't thrown a football in quite some time, but I know that is not the way to grip a football unless you want to throw it end over end.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Im 3/4 of the way tempted to write CBS a nastygram and request Steve Tasker never call a Bengals game again. Carr fumbled with around 3 minutes left to go, and "there was no doubt it was an incomplete pass". Well, after review, it was a fumble(and rightfully so), so Tasker went on for the last three minutes to point out how the Texans got screwed and pulled out a video clip of Tom Brady from 2002 to compare it.

But anyways, penalties almost killed the Bengals today, even though they won 16-10. Im picking Jacksonville for next week, sadly.
    (Edited) I thought it was the right call at the time. (Edited).
    Whether they beat Jax depends on who plays center, if you ask me. Even if Braham plays, it's probably still even.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 10-06-2005 at 12:59 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?