Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Yet another student/teacher scandal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yet another student/teacher scandal

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...format=&page=1

By Jessica Fargen
    Thursday, September 29, 2005 - Updated: 08:53 AM EST

A 16-year-old who videotaped himself having sex with his 31-year-old teacher and looked at photos of her naked is not a victim, the married mother of two says.
    Amber S. Jennings, 32, who admitted this week that she e-mailed photos of herself naked to her former student, also criticized the boy's mother who reportedly said she wants to cash in on the incident with a civil suit.
    ``It is just unfortunate that she would go so far as to ruin her son's life in order to profit,'' Jennings told the Worcester Telegram and Gazette this week.

Jennings pleaded guilty this week to disseminating harmful materials to a minor and was sentenced to two years probation.
    Jennings told the paper she's writing a book about the case.
    Jennings met the boy while teaching English at Shepherd Hill Regional High School in Dudley.
    Authorities say they started out as friends but things heated up in late 2003 when the boy was 16.
    The two started having sex, videotaping their romps and e-mailing naked photos and messages to each other, according to court documents. The boy told authorities the sex was consensual.
    ``It was just an idea I had to tape it,'' the boy told authorities, according to court documents.
    Jennings admitted this week that she e-mailed naked photos of herself to the boy.
    The affair lasted until July 2004, when the victim's mom asked him about an online chat with Jennings.
    Jennings, who has two young girls, lives in a secluded lakefront home in Sturbridge. She declined comment last night.
    Jennings underwent a psychiatric evaluation in January and it was determined her risk for future sexual violence is ``very low, if not nil.''
    During the same evaluation, she told the doctor her marriage to Russell Jennings, her high school sweetheart, was ``somewhat strained as of late.''
    Under the new agreement, Jennings pledged to stay away from the victim and surrender her license to teach public school in Massachusetts. She must undergo evaluations and treatment as a sex offender.

She is not required to register as a sex offender.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

WAGS

Re: Yet another student/teacher scandal

she's a cutie

She's a sex offender, IMO.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I believe that both observations are accurate...and mutually exclusive.

None of my teachers ever looked like that

I doubt that the boy is a victim. He is more like a hero to other boys his age. How many TV and movie plots and Van Halen songs have dealt with this subject?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    She is not required to register as a sex offender.
    Turn the tables here. If the teacher was a 31 year old man and the student was a 16 year old girl, would this have been the case?

OTOH, how many of us at that age had impure thoughts about an attractive teacher and would have looked up to this boy, or at the least envied him? All in all, she's still a sex offender and should have to register as such. There shouldn't be a double standard depending on the gender of the offender.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    There shouldn't be a double standard depending on the gender of the offender.
    Agreed, just because she is female doesn't mean she should get special treatment.
    Go Gators!

From that pic she appears to be quite fine and is probably a freak.

It's certainly reprehensible and all that, but that's one cool kid.

She's unstable, and if I were the parent they had better put her away for her own protection - not from me as much, but my wife (she could take her easily).

Here we have a fairly attractive woman in her early 30's, and for some reason she can't find a man/date who is an adult; but goes after a young boy who, due to puberty, is like the family pet humping the dining room table?

As Seinfeld states "We're out there! We're honking our horns trying to serve you."
    Last edited by GAC; 10-04-2005 at 07:15 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

For a Level Playing Field

Amber S. Jennings, 32, who admitted this week that she e-mailed photos of herself naked to her former student, also criticized the boy's mother who reportedly said she wants to cash in on the incident with a civil suit.
    ``It is just unfortunate that she would go so far as to ruin her son's life in order to profit,'' Jennings told the Worcester Telegram and Gazette this week.
    Jennings told the paper she's writing a book about the case.
    Uh... explain how the above-statements are not hypocritical. Is this child molester, who deserves to sit in jail for a good length of time, planning on donating all proceeds from her book to an abused children's organization or keep it for herself? Cash in? Who is cashing in here?

The poor boy. He will probably grow up and hate/abuse women himself. Sounds like most of the adult females in his life are low-life scumbags.

Teacher (child molester) can be thankful that she lives in one of the most liberal states in this nation. Do that in about 47 other states and you'd be crocheting in your cell long enough to make a quilt for every new freshman at The Ohio State University.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

If I understand this correctly, he's 16, so he can consent to sex...
    But she can't show him a naked picture of herself?

Whatever you think of her/the case, that's a bit wacky.

But then again, Al Capone went down for tax evasion.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    If I understand this correctly, he's 16, so he can consent to sex...
    But she can't show him a naked picture of herself?

Whatever you think of her/the case, that's a bit wacky.

But then again, Al Capone went down for tax evasion.
    Yeah. I guess that's the law. They can't be punished for having sex but she broke the law by sending those pictures. Very disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Can anyone post the pictures?

I'll probably take some heat for this but I would have loved to have been in that kid's shoes when I was 16. I think every young guy has the older lady fantasy, this kid got to have it, and with a pretty hot lady to boot.

Now that isn't to say that now as an adult I condone this. What the 16 year old kid has no grasp of is the many lives that get wrecked because of this. His own family who feels like they didn't do enough to protect him or weren't involved enough in his life to know this was going on. The teacher's relationship with her husband which is now rocky. The fact that the teacher has young kids that may very well have to experience a broken home if their mom and dad can't work through this. Etc, etc...

Turn Off Ads?