Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weather forecast for opening day.

Weather forecast for opening day.

Hey all, I started one of these last year so I figured I'd do it again. As of now it's lookin like a good day to be at the ballyard.

Partly cloudy
    High of 57
    20% chance of precip.

Not bad, although it's ten days off. Could change a hundred times, although last year it continually changed for the better!

It's almost here gang!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Weather forecast for opening day.

Just 9 more days!!

I don't care what the temperature is (within reason of course) just as long as there's nothing falling from the sky.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Monday April 3

Partly sunny.
    73º/53º
    Oh, you mean at the ball park?

I took the day off, and will be at a local sports bar by noon (CST) waiting for first pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD

I took the day off, and will be at a local sports bar by noon (CST) waiting for first pitch.
    Good for you, Sandy! You have no idea how glad I am to hear that you're taking a day off to have some fun.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I just did a model run for the weather and just so you know, anything in 7-10 day and beyond is more of a general forecast. From what I see there could be a rain event on Sunday that could turn into some snow/mix event on Sunday night into Monday morning. The high temperature appears to be in the 30-40s range..
    Last edited by harangatang; 03-25-2006 at 07:23 PM.

I can't wait, its been too long since ive been really excited about the season!
    Let's make some noise!

As of today, eight days out:

60% chance of rain.
    60 degrees.

It's changed already in one day, it'll change again.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    I just did a model run for the weather and just so you know, anything in 7-10 day and beyond is more of a general forecast. From what I see there could be a rain event on Sunday that could turn into some snow/mix event on Sunday night into Monday morning. The high temperature appears to be in the 30-40s range..

Wow...boy I hope that's wrong.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Good update for today: Weather.com has upped the temperature to 65 degrees and lowered the chance of rain percentage from 60% to 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Good update for today: Weather.com has upped the temperature to 65 degrees and lowered the chance of rain percentage from 60% to 40%.
    The reason for that is because the models are having a hard time picking up on going-to-be developing low pressure system. Though things have changed and it appears the cold air is going to stay in Canada (no snow), I would wait until at least midweek before I got my hopes too far up or down. The reason for the decrease is because the Weather Channel is thinking that the low pressure system (which won't develop for a few more days) is going to slow down pushing back the rain from Monday. My advice (and I have no affiliation with him or Channel 19) is to watch Rich Apuzzo on Channel 19 at 10:30 pm if your from Cincinnati because he is the only one who knows what he is talking about. He'll tell you more then the Weather Channel will and he is usually right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD

Seems like you'll be enjoying the same weather as me then, 72 & flourescent.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by medford
    Seems like you'll be enjoying the same weather as me then, 72 & flourescent.
    Me too. There's also an 80% chance of wings.

Update for today, pretty much the same.

Mon
    Apr 3 Showers
    65°/45° 40%

70 and sunny on Thursday this week... too bad we can't switch the two days.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

National Weather Service forecast for next Monday:

A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 60. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Turn Off Ads?