Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Theater Projector

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Home Theater Projector

Thanks NCR.

2. Turn Off Ads?

GL, have you set up for your projector/screen yet? If so, what are you running?

It's time for me to replace my screen and I'd like to hear what you've done.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I have a ceiling mounted IF SP4805, 14 Ft throw with an 86" screen.

I am projecting onto a piece of Parkland Plastic Polywall I bought at Menards for $20.00, nice matte white. My thought is that this is a temporary screen until I have a bit of time in the spring to work on something more permanent. I get a nice picture from it, but I guess I don't have anything to compare to it either.

I have a DVD player connected with component cables, a tivo with composite cables, and a Time Warner HD cable box with the a DVI->M1 adapter cable for HD programming.

The HD stuff looks fabulous, the DVD stuff is great. The TIVO records in analog, so some things are pure crap when the analog signal is blown up to 86".

I will eventually paint a screen with some of the home paint brews that are discussed on the avsforum.com DIY screen forum.

Right now everything is just temporarily mounted. I need to solidify the amount of drop I need from my projector to get the squarest image, and then install the screen at the adjusted height and then trim it in black. I still have speaker wire, etc. all over the place, so I need to mount my speakers for surround sound as well as figure out what to do with all my components. Then I'd like to find a universal remote to program and put the other 5-6 in a drawer somewhere.

Once I get all this done, I am going to create a manual for the Mrs. and the babysitter so they can use it all.

There is little incentive to finish the project at this point. I can watch the thing as is.

I have been trying to find Do-Able board, it looks like it would be a no-hassle screen solution if they sold it anywhere east of the Rockies, it looks like a west coast thing. Maybe WOY or one of the left coasters will be caravaning back to Ohio this summer and not mind having a 4'x8' panel strapped to the top of their car, har har.

GL
    Last edited by gonelong; 01-12-2006 at 12:29 AM.

Turn Off Ads?