Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is a good Bengals forum?

Re: Bengals Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Would you all be interested in me setting something up? I still have plenty of Bandwidth and server space to spare.
    That sounds good to me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Please, Ochre

Please please please!

I thought bengalszone was okay at first, but even the regular posters there are total moronic trolls.

The last straw was a masked profanity laced diatribe after the Indy loss, by a moderator, no less.

I was one of the first members of that site, but don't dare post frequently because most of them are met with who (expletive) dey, and the like.

Unfortunately, most football sites are like that.

I've been yearning for just one place to go and talk civily about football, and have been unable to find anything.

So please, Ochre...Help us!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Yes, Ochre has a mission here. Create a Bengals forum without all of the moronic smack and masked F bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    I thought bengalszone was okay at first, but even the regular posters there are total moronic trolls.

The last straw was a masked profanity laced diatribe after the Indy loss, by a moderator, no less.

I was one of the first members of that site, but don't dare post frequently because most of them are met with who (expletive) dey, and the like.
    Okay, so is it safe to assume that I should eliminate BengalsZone from consideration? And that's a sincere question. I'd rather take it from some of you guys than spend hours trying to figure out what a site is like.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Did some rudimentary theme stuff and set up a basic board.

http://bengals.suncircle.org

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Did some rudimentary theme stuff and set up a basic board.

http://bengals.suncircle.org
    Looks good for starters. I took the liberty of becoming the first one (second after you) to sign up.

BengalsZone is .... Well, a football site.

Very few discussion sites are as well run or as civil as RedsZone. Ochre. I look forward to joining.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75

Very few discussion sites are as well run or as civil as RedsZone.
    The more I look around the internet, the more I see the truth in that. This is about the only place around to have a civil discussion about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Okay, so is it safe to assume that I should eliminate BengalsZone from consideration? And that's a sincere question. I'd rather take it from some of you guys than spend hours trying to figure out what a site is like.
    Yeah, seriously, stay away.

You're too good for that place.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Wonder if we could link the new forum to Redszone? Similar to the Peanut Gallery.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Wonder if we could link the new forum to Redszone? Similar to the Peanut Gallery.
    Good idea.
    Go Gators!

I'm hesitant to link to too many external sites until if and when I put together a links page. I think simply bookmarking the site is a better idea.

That makes sense. I borrowed your board rules for the time being. I'll work on getting a better hostname than the one I have. I might be able to work something out with a friend of mine that has a great parked host name. We'll see.

I'm trying to direct the forum to a new host name, but I'm having some problems doing that. Please be patient.

Its back up now. Sorry again for the outage. I'll get it figured out .

I have bengaldom.com now and I'm trying to get it pointed to the forum. I could just do a redirect off of that for now I guess, but I don't want that to be the long term solution.

Turn Off Ads?