Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is a good Bengals forum?

Re: Bengals forum???

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    complaints on here similar to those you have expressed were the reason I set my board up. Just needs a bit of traffic.
    I've visited all the Bengals boards, and couldn't find any without smack talk and profanity being tolerated. The Huddles site was probably the best in terms of civility, but it was very loosely moderated in terms of organization. There would be four threads on the same exact subject going at once, and trolls are tolerated.

I'd really like to see ochre's site make a big splash this season. If everyone who discusses football here will move those posts over there, that can begin to happen.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    I set one up last year. People used it some during the playoffs, etc., but it hasn't been very active. I'll probably be trying to get people to go back to it for the fall. It is www.bengaldom.com.
    Bengal fans only get involved when they are winning, I live in dayton and you cant get the Browns on tv but the bengals are always on. So I have always gone to a bar to watch the Browns game. All of the sudden one day its full of fair weather Bengal fans, most of which havn't watched a football game since 1982. It's funny to see a grown man turn to another grown man and say wow Chad Johnsons good but who's this Favre guy on the green team. Browns and Reds in the playoffs I cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    I've visited all the Bengals boards, and couldn't find any without smack talk and profanity being tolerated. The Huddles site was probably the best in terms of civility, but it was very loosely moderated in terms of organization. There would be four threads on the same exact subject going at once, and trolls are tolerated.

I'd really like to see ochre's site make a big splash this season. If everyone who discusses football here will move those posts over there, that can begin to happen.
    Sadly that's football fan these days.

I almost get disgusted attending Bengals and Buckeye games anymore.

I'm not a snob, but the smack talk mentality of football fans is absurd.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Sadly that's football fan these days.

I almost get disgusted attending Bengals and Buckeye games anymore.

I'm not a snob, but the smack talk mentality of football fans is absurd.
    I would never take a small child to a football game. I don't think I will take my son to an NFL game until he's a teenager. I just don't want him to think that the way some people behave at football games is appropriate.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Yachtzee & Cedric, I agree 100%. Maybe it's a reflection of the violence and emotion being played out on the field or maybe it's an indication of where our society is as a whole. Respect for others is nowhere to be found. Berating and insulting the opposing fans seems to be about as important as what's going on out on the field and all civility is left at the door. The attitude is prevalent at the stadium and in any team message board you come across. It's not just Bengals fans or Browns fans or Steelers fans...it's universal.

You can usually show up at an opposing team's baseball stadium and not have to worry too much about defending yourself from a torrent of profane verbal abuse. At least that has been my experience.

Regardless of the reasons, an NFL game is not the greatest place to take your little ones and that's a shame because it's a great sport and watching an NFL game live is truly a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Try this....it's the IP address, it should work
    Thanks Matt. I've been trying to get into huddles for a couple of days and just figured their server was down.

Judging from the lack of traffic on their Bengals board, this latest snafu might have just killed that site. Serves 'em right for issuing arbitrary bans of Bengals fans who were only responding to Steelers fans trolling. I know it is the NFL Huddles and all, but when 90% of your posts come from fans of one team, you might want to tread lightly when considering actions against that community.

Interesting....
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

lapham just on 700wlw--said odell thurman was a no show at first day of camp

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Good Bengals Fansite?

I spent some time at the Cincy Bengals Huddle community last year, but there's no one there anymore.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Re: Good Bengals Fansite?

A lot of people at that site went here: http://bengalsjungle.com/.

I have yet to find a Bengals forum that is nearly as good as RedsZone. In fairness, though, this is probably the best-run forum and has the smartest posters that I have seen on the internet (on any topic), so that's probably an unfair standard.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I'll register. Thanks.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Some others were mentioned in this thread.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

tgotch

http://forums.cincybengals.com/index.php

The Bengals Lair is the best Bengals board going. I'm Herd Fan over there as well. If you decide to register, tell 'em I sent ya.

Turn Off Ads?