Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin Upgrade

vBulletin Upgrade

All,

I just upgraded vBulletin (the forum software this site uses) to the latest version, which is more secure and has a LOT of new features. This upgrade is a significant one from the previous version that we were running. As a result, I will have to reinstall all the customized features that are not built in to the vB package (such as smilies in quick reply and some custom reputation components we had). Additionally, it should not be unexpected to see some broken links and quirky behavior (such as the quick reply submit button appearing twice). I will take care of all of this as soon as I can. It will take some time and right now, I'm off to the Bengals game to (hopefully) watch them go 4-0. In the meantime, the board should be functional, in that you can read and post without any major problems, but please bear with us until I can work out all the kinks of this massive upgrade.

Boss

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: vBulletin Upgrade

You put the Bengals above us?!?!?

What's WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!????

Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Ooooohhhhh....new features!!!
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    All,

I just upgraded vBulletin (the forum software this site uses) to the latest version, which is more secure and has a LOT of new features. This upgrade is a significant one from the previous version that we were running. As a result, I will have to reinstall all the customized features that are not built in to the vB package (such as smilies in quick reply and some custom reputation components we had). Additionally, it should not be unexpected to see some broken links and quirky behavior (such as the quick reply submit button appearing twice). I will take care of all of this as soon as I can. It will take some time and right now, I'm off to the Bengals game to (hopefully) watch them go 4-0. In the meantime, the board should be functional, in that you can read and post without any major problems, but please bear with us until I can work out all the kinks of this massive upgrade.

Boss
    Until I can make all the necessary fixes to the regular style, if you go into your user control panel and switch the board skin/style to "Default", this should fix any javascript/avatar/quick reply issues. Please note that the skin will be a true vBulletin default, i.e. while everything will be functional and compatible with vB 3.5 (the latest version), it will not have a Reds theme. That's what I have to work on.

See this thread for more information.

Thanks Boss
    Go Gators!

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Use this to quickly switch to the skin if you get an error trying to use the drop down skin selector

http://www.redszone.com/forums/forum...=24&styleid=10

Thanks smith..I was about to ask
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Thanks smith..I was about to ask
    Test
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The changes are done and everything should work as designed with the default style.

One drawback is that because the code changed so much between the version we were running until yesterday (3.0.8) and the current version, (3.5) none of the custom add-ons I had installed will work with the 3.5 code. The good news is that these add-ons will eventually be "released" with code compatible with 3.5, but that usually takes a bit of time, until the people coding the add-ons have a good grasp on the stock vBulletin code they're modifying/adding on to. Here is a list of those custom addons we've (at least temporarily) lost:
    Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary (broken images, error messages, etc.) Thanks for your patience.

Boss the header link goes to a fatal error warning.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

I'm getting it too.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/reds/domains/redszone.com/public_html/forums/index.php on line 315
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Thanks - that should be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Second layer of smilies in advanced reply isn't working... the "More" button links to the same "advanced reply" page rather than the window with the rest of the smilies.

Is this the link you're talking about? If so, it works OK for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Second layer of smilies in advanced reply isn't working... the "More" button links to the same "advanced reply" page rather than the window with the rest of the smilies.

Ok. I'm using Mozilla Firefox as a browser and I can't get much of anything to post right now. It's entirely frustrating.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?