Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin Upgrade

Re: vBulletin Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Ok. I'm using Mozilla Firefox as a browser and I can't get much of anything to post right now. It's entirely frustrating.
    Something's screwed up with the RedsZone style...I'm working on the fix right now. In the meantime, the other three should work fine.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I found the problem - everything should be good to go now. Thanks for your patience.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Ok. I'm using Mozilla Firefox as a browser and I can't get much of anything to post right now. It's entirely frustrating.
    MS is getting back at you for your sins of not using IE.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm on Mozilla Firefox right now, RedsZone is running well on any style I use.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    yea.because...

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    I found the problem - everything should be good to go now. Thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Yeah, it's working fine for me too right now (thanks, Boss!).

The problem I was running into last night is that it appeared the 'zone was truncating the end of the first "half" of my posts and then also truncating the beginning of the second "half".

Didn't do that when I tried IE, but Firefox was a complete pain.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Boss: Since the upgrade, when I hit the button for "Go to first new post," it now takes me to the first post in the thread every time regardless of whether or not I have read it. Is there something I need to tweak in Edit Options again?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Boss: Since the upgrade, when I hit the button for "Go to first new post," it now takes me to the first post in the thread every time regardless of whether or not I have read it. Is there something I need to tweak in Edit Options again?
    I'm not having that problem, but I did change (within the past half hour) the way forums and threads are marked as read. I'd recommend clearing your cookies, logging out and back in and let me know if you still have this problem.

I'm not having that problem, but I did change (within the past half hour) the way forums and threads are marked as read. I'd recommend clearing your cookies, logging out and back in and let me know if you still have this problem.

I did all that and it still shows everey thread as being unread- just lettin' you know.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I'm having this same problem now too
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I've got no problems at the moment. Just did a quick edit on a typo and went through like gangbusters. I'm on Netscape 8.0.

Looked like it all happened at the browser level, which prompts the question of whether VB is now pushing Ajax? If so people are going to need to make sure they're using relatively new browsers that support Ajax. I believe the latest versions of Netscape, IE, Firefox and Safari all do, but people might want to double-check that if they're having problems.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

It's working now.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I've got no problems at the moment. Just did a quick edit on a typo and went through like gangbusters. I'm on Netscape 8.0.

Looked like it all happened at the browser level, which prompts the question of whether VB is now pushing Ajax? If so people are going to need to make sure they're using relatively new browsers that support Ajax. I believe the latest versions of Netscape, IE, Firefox and Safari all do, but people might want to double-check that if they're having problems.
    Yes, this is an Ajax function. It's one of the best things I've noticed so far about the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    It's working now.
    Can anyone else confirm if they're still having this problem (read threads appearing as unread)?

Can anyone else confirm if they're still having this problem (read threads appearing as unread)?
    It now seems to be working fine for me, as well. Thanks Boss.

Turn Off Ads?