Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson

Re: Chad Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Bengals win = what chad does is ok.
    Bengals lose = Chad should just shut up and grow up.
    Exactly.

Everyone gets called out when the team losses
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    Perry had a good night, but I wouldn't say he's outplaying him. Rudi's the battering ram that makes Perry's change of pace so effective.
    Rudi would be smart to watch his back, that's really all I'm saying, regardless of the contract he signed.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    And Rudi best remember that right now a second year back is outplaying him and doing more for the offense in the early going in very limited playing time. He better take some of that bonus and buy a watch and a good chauffer. That punctuality thing makes no sense, either, when he is so attentive and regimented in his personal workout ritual that has been well publicized.
    Rudi's on pace for 1487 yards. I wouldnt worry too much about him. The only mildly concerning stat is his 1 TD, but I think that will change as the whole offense gets more comfortable inside the redzone.

And I agree, Rudi's style of play has allowed Perry to blossom. They compliment each other very well.

Did anyone hear Chad on 700 w/ Furball this past friday? He might be the most personable NFL player I've ever come across. LOL, him on w/ Furball made me realize how annoying Furball is. I thought Furball was actually rude towards him a couple times as well and Chad never even acknowledged it... the guy talks smack and stuff, but he is humble too.

He said, "If someone has a problem with me or with something I do, I want to know about that, so I can address it, and hopefully make that person a Chad-Johnson Fan."
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Chad Johnson is great. I'm hoping the Bengals can resign him after this year, but I fear that with the emergence of Houshmandzadeh, they will decide to spend the money elsewhere.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Chad Johnson is great. I'm hoping the Bengals can resign him after this year, but I fear that with the emergence of Houshmandzadeh, they will decide to spend the money elsewhere.
    Not to mention who he has for an agent! :thumbdown
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Chad's got 3 or 4 more years left on his contract.

In the NFL that doesn't mean much, if he's to expensive and won't renegotiate down, he's gone.
    Go Gators!

You're right. He's signed through 2009. I thought he was a free agent after this year.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Is Chad a top-5 paid WR? I could see Drew Rosensnake trying to get him to hold out. Would Chad hold out? Would Mike Brown re-negotiate?

The only way Chad Johnson will not be a Bengal is if he doesn't want to be.

Don't worry about the Bengals not re-signing him when the time comes.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

As stated above, Chad signed a long term deal through 2009 a year or two ago. The only thing that may cause some concern is him holding out for a bigger contract next year, particularly since he hired as his Rosenhaus in the offseason.

I understand this kid's passion and desire to want to win; but to have a hissy fit whenever the Bengals lose and say it's because they didn't get the ball to me more grows tiring, and just is not accurate. It's not the reason the Bengals lost.

I watched an interview with him during the Houston pre-game and he was spouting off how there was no defense, no matter how they set it up and how many guys that put on him, that could stop him. IMO, that is being stupid and just asking for trouble.

It just seems that every time he makes statements, or does antics like sending Pepto Bismo to the other team's D'backs, that he motivates defenses who do go out and stuff him. He then goes into a funk and depression. And he never seems to learn from that.

It's not his fault that TJ is hurt, which afforded the Jags' to dbl/triple team him. Any topdog receiver is gonna have a difficult day with that type of coverage. It's not his fault, Palmer's, or anyone else on the team. And he needs to understand that - not get upset because they weren't still throwing the ball his way under such type of coverage. He's good - but he is not Superman.

He said last week that he is not a football player, but an entertainer. If the other players on the team can deal with it, then that's fine. But I think it would get tiring and after a while be a distraction.

I think he is manic depressive.

I guess I am a Jerry Rice kind of guy who let his class performance on and off the field do all his talking - and not his emotions.

I never liked flashy receivers (that is just me) - they seem to think the whole world surrounds them when in fact if it weren't for a good QB who has to throw him the ball, other solid receivers to help provide the opportunities, and other factors during the play, these receivers would have a hard time.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Most of these top NFL wide receivers are prima donnas. Chad Johnson is no different. Marvin Harrison is a notable exception. Perhaps these guys need to spout off at the mouth for motivation. They are colorful and entertaining. They think of themselves before the team. If they don't catch enough balls, sure as the sun comes up in the east they will start complaining. As long as the team is winning, they are fun. When the team starts losing they are a cancer.

Oh, and Chad didn't hire Rosenhaus as his agent to get him more endorsements. Sure as we're all sitting here he's going to want to renegotiate his contract. And watch a lot of people turn against him.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I understand this kid's passion and desire to want to win; but to have a hissy fit whenever the Bengals lose and say it's because they didn't get the ball to me more grows tiring, and just is not accurate. It's not the reason the Bengals lost.

I watched an interview with him during the Houston pre-game and he was spouting off how there was no defense, no matter how they set it up and how many guys that put on him, that could stop him. IMO, that is being stupid and just asking for trouble.

It just seems that every time he makes statements, or does antics like sending Pepto Bismo to the other team's D'backs, that he motivates defenses who do go out and stuff him. He then goes into a funk and depression. And he never seems to learn from that.

It's not his fault that TJ is hurt, which afforded the Jags' to dbl/triple team him. Any topdog receiver is gonna have a difficult day with that type of coverage. It's not his fault, Palmer's, or anyone else on the team. And he needs to understand that - not get upset because they weren't still throwing the ball his way under such type of coverage. He's good - but he is not Superman.

He said last week that he is not a football player, but an entertainer. If the other players on the team can deal with it, then that's fine. But I think it would get tiring and after a while be a distraction.

I think he is manic depressive.

I guess I am a Jerry Rice kind of guy who let his class performance on and off the field do all his talking - and not his emotions.

I never liked flashy receivers (that is just me) - they seem to think the whole world surrounds them when in fact if it weren't for a good QB who has to throw him the ball, other solid receivers to help provide the opportunities, and other factors during the play, these receivers would have a hard time.
    The only thing that matters to me is performance. Chad has a different personality than Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison, as two soft spoken stars. I don't care if his personality comes out in his play as long as it does not affect his performance. I have seen evidence where it has and where it hasn't, but that is only because he wears his emotions on his sleeve. When the soft spoken guys are out of sorts for one reason or another, it simply is not quite as evident.

But, the soft spoken guys can be just as nasty, but do it in a much less obvious way. I'm sure all isn't peaches and cream with the quiet types either, they are just more PC about it. And sometimes are more likely to have stuff come out that seems so out of character because they kept it to themselves until it had to come out.

I can live with both types, but I trust the loudmouths more--you know where they're coming from.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Turn Off Ads?