Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is anybody else sort of worried about Pittsburgh's running game?

Is anybody else sort of worried about Pittsburgh's running game?

The Bengals might have some real trouble stopping their run game... Bettis looked in fine form last night; Willie Parker... it has got me sort of worried.

We've struggled against the run all year, and they, overall, probably have one of the top 3 running games (all parts considered) in the NFL.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Is anybody else sort of worried about Pittsburgh's running game?

The thing to worry about with Pittsburgh is the balanced attack they have. Their running game is very, very good...but equally as good this year is their passing attack. Roethlisberger looks light-years better at managing the offense and avoiding mistakes this year. He is much more composed in the pocket and, when things break down, is still a threat to move and difficult to bring down for the sack.

Watching their game against San Diego last night was revealing, especially in the 4th quarter. The Chargers scored to take their first lead in the game, and the Steelers responded instantaneously with a three-play drive that featured three good tosses by Roethlisberger to take the lead back. This is a team that can grind you out, sit on the football, and control the clock...but this is also a team that can strike quickly with two very good wideouts (Ward and Randall El) and a developing threat at Tight End.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I thought the same thing last night, watching the Bus run over people. Hines Ward is the one I truly worry about, though.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Is anybody else sort of worried about Pittsburgh's running game?
    Yes. Most definitely yes. I fear the Bengals defense will be running in circles all day.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

What's the status on Big Ben's knee?

Most run defenses suffer against the Bus
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    What's the status on Big Ben's knee?
    He has a hyper-extended left knee and a bone bruise but it is not as serious as they thought it was last night. They think he may even play this week.

They won't be running much after the Bengals jump 20something points in front of them.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    They won't be running much after the Bengals jump 20something points in front of them.
    That might be the only way to shut down that running game. Strike early and often and open up a big enough lead to force them to throw the ball more.

I dunno, but it sounds like you guys might be looking past this weekend's game at Tennessee somewhat. I warned some ambitious posters about the same thing happening a few weeks ago versus Houston (who was coming off a bye week at the time).

Three reasons why I'd start worrying about Tennesse now and not Pittsburgh:

1) Tennessee's offense scored at will last Sunday on the road against a team that held the Bengals to sixteen points in the Jungle.

2) While Tennessee is an unpredictable team, they (more specifically McNair) always seem to play their best games at home

3) The whole "Chad/Carson Thing" got alot of media coverage and might have been a distraction to the players this week

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    I dunno, but it sounds like you guys might be looking past this weekend's game at Tennessee somewhat. I warned some ambitious posters about the same thing happening a few weeks ago versus Houston (who was coming off a bye week at the time).

Three reasons why I'd start worrying about Tennesse now and not Pittsburgh:

1) Tennessee's offense scored at will last Sunday on the road against a team that held the Bengals to sixteen points in the Jungle.

2) While Tennessee is an unpredictable team, they (more specifically McNair) always seem to play their best games at home

3) The whole "Chad/Carson Thing" got alot of media coverage and might have been a distraction to the players this week
    Not to mention the Titans have historically KILLED the Bengals; especially McNair

Not to mention the Steelers defense, strong safety Troy Polamalu has been giving teams fits this season all over the field, a solid group of linebackers with Farrior, Harrison, and Porter, and a run defense that last week held LT to under 70 yards I believe.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Who cares, we're not playing? I think it was a legit question, after watching them.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?