Turn Off Ads?

Thread: OJ Mayo and Bill Walker -- Assault allegations

OJ Mayo and Bill Walker -- Assault allegations

This is potentially big news. OJ Mayo and Bill Walker are under investigation for assulting classmates both Friday night and Monday morning at school.

Per WLW, at the homecoming dance Friday night Mayo got into a fight with multiple students and apparently beat them up pretty good. Walker was involved in that fight as well.

The parents of the kids beat up by the two reportedly were willing to work the situation out themselves but did not have the chance as Monday morning at school, Walker and Mayo sought one of the kids out and continued to beat up on them.

Public charges are expected to be filed this afternoon against Walker and Mayo and North College Hill refuses to comment on the situation.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mayo and Walker in trouble.

Maybe they will be heading for UConn

For a Level Playing Field

Nuthin' for these boys to get concerned about... as long as they can help someone win games. Case in point:

Allen Iverson hitting a grandmother over the head with a chair during a melee at a bowling alley while a senior in high school. At 17, Iverson was convicted on a felony charge of "maiming-by-mob" and drew a 15-year prison sentence, with 10 years suspended. He spent four months at the Newport News City Farm before Virginia Governor Douglas Wilder granted him a pardon. In 1995, the Virginia Court of Appeals overturned the conviction, citing insufficient evidence of his guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Nuthin' for these boys to get concerned about... as long as they can help someone win games. Case in point
    There a lot's of examples. While it could keep them from playing in HS it won't effect college or the pros.

Look at UConn, Calhoun's two PGs should be dismissed but it would ruin his chance for a great season so it isn't going to happen.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Is it just my perception, or are there more troublemakers playing basketball than other sports?

Too bad Huggs is gone or these kids could fit right in at UC.

For those recruiting OJ Mayo and Bill Walker

This might be a turnoff.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/new...01/detail.html

High School Basketball Stars Accused Of Assault

POSTED: 6:07 am EDT October 11, 2005
    UPDATED: 12:20 pm EDT October 11, 2005

NORTH COLLEGE HILL -- High school basketball phenom O.J. Mayo and star teammate Bill Walker have been accused of assaulting two fellow students at North College Hill High School, News 5's Amy Wagner reported.

The parents of two students have filed reports against the players, and police said charges could be filed Tuesday.

"It started Saturday," a mother said. "One of the star players, his name was Bill Walker, he was the first one to put hands on my son. He hit him in the head."

The principal said she was aware of the trouble at a homecoming dance, and that she was going to work to resolve the issue Monday morning. But before she could act, a group of varsity basketball players allegedly tracked down one of the boys in gym class, a mother said.

"O.J. Mayo walked up to my son and put his hands on him and punched him, and the fight went on from there," she told Wagner.

The group also allegedly tracked down another boy in the halls of the high school, a mother said.

"(He was) chased by the varsity basketball team at North College Hill, where one of the students tried to push him over the rail," she said.

One student was sent to a hospital, Wagner reported.

The principal told News 5 that all students involved were sent home and that she is investigating.

A man who answered at Mayo's house denied Mayo attacked anyone, but said a boy has to defend himself.

Walker's guardian could not be contacted, Wagner reported.

Mayo is considered one of the country's best players. He was named Ohio's Mr. Basketball last season.

Mayo and Walker led North College Hill to the state title as sophomores last season. One of the mothers said she thinks that their accomplishments on the basketball court are getting the duo preferential treatment in the school building.

"Why is everybody protecting O.J. -- who is he?" she questioned. "He's no better than me."
    Copyright 2005 by ChannelCincinnati.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Is it just my perception, or are there more troublemakers playing basketball than other sports?

Basketball does seem to have a thug image attached to it these days, but don't forget that O.J. Simpson, Rae Carruth and Ray Lewis are all murderers, no matter what the courts say.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Re: OJ Mayo and Bill Walker -- Assault allegations

I'd be surprised if this ever went to court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Allen Iverson hitting a grandmother over the head with a chair during a melee at a bowling alley while a senior in high school. At 17, Iverson was convicted on a felony charge of "maiming-by-mob" and drew a 15-year prison sentence, with 10 years suspended. He spent four months at the Newport News City Farm before Virginia Governor Douglas Wilder granted him a pardon. In 1995, the Virginia Court of Appeals overturned the conviction, citing insufficient evidence of his guilt.
    And let us not forget the time that Iverson and his posse (thugs) broke into a guy's house and held a loaded gun to his head and threatened to and probably would have killed the man had he not helped them locate Iverson's battered wife, who was hiding from him for fear that he would hold a gun to her head and kill her.

Of course, the media was just picking on him because he has a pigmental surplus.

And, of course, he never spent a day behind bars and the fans love him even more.

The point of my rant is not a g-d- (masked profanity) thing will happen to either Mayo or Walker. They will get their full rides to college and they will make millions of dollars playing a game and they will go on to be role models for millions of children from all socio-economic backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    And let us not forget the time that Iverson and his posse (thugs) broke into a guy's house and held a loaded gun to his head and threatened to and probably would have killed the man had he not helped them locate Iverson's battered wife, who was hiding from him for fear that he would hold a gun to her head and kill her.

Of course, the media was just picking on him because he has a pigmental surplus.

And, of course, he never spent a day behind bars and the fans love him even more.

The point of my rant is not a g-d- (masked profanity) thing will happen to either Mayo or Walker. They will get their full rides to college and they will make millions of dollars playing a game and they will go on to be role models for millions of children from all socio-economic backgrounds.

I'm gonna leave this post alone, but we're starting to wander into forbidden P-related territory.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Re: OJ Mayo and Bill Walker -- Assault allegations

I dont think we will ever know who started what.

If I were the OHSAA, I would conduct an investigation into NCH. I think you would be surpised what you would find.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?