Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The new James Bond??????

Re: The new James Bond??????

Saw it last week.
    I prefer Bond to be a playboy even though it is my understanding that the recent incarnation is closer to the character originally developed in the books. But I say bully to the books- I don't go to a Bond movie to discuss literature, I go to watch a guy do impossible things with gadgets and explosives. I go to see bikinis and diabolical villains who have secret underground lairs.

As for Bond, if I want a brooding, bare knuckle fighter I'll wait for the next Bourne movie.

Color me disappointed, except for the scene when the hotel blows up. And all the fighting and shooting, of course.

My wife loved it because that new Bond guy is hella hot, or so I'm told. She'd watch that guy in a two hour informercial for beanie babies.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Part of me is hoping for another Daniel Craig Bond movie, although I'm not sure where they could go, since this was a precursor of Bond becoming a Double 0.
    If I remember the articles right, this "Bond becomes Bond" arc is supposed to cover four movies. The Bond of the first two movies is still pretty raw; the style and mannerisms are supposed to emerge in the third and fourth films, at the end of which he will be the iconic Bond as we know him.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Just saw "Quantum of Solace" on video. I have to say, the new Bond style makes it just another fomula action film. For me the lack of Bond schtick makes this movie kind of run of the mill and isn't distinguished in any way from any of many other action films. I miss the Bond of old. I think I'll go out and Rent "Thunderball" this afternoon.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

This could be the year Phil in BG's Avatar

I believe the verdict is still out, but so far Daniel Craig is at the top of my list of James Bond actors. I really thought no one would ever top Sean Connery in my book, but I believe he has. Pierce Brosnan was very good as well and I was very disappointed when he didn't come back, but Daniel Craig has surpassed him. I want to see another with Craig and if it is as good as these two, he will top my list.

Kitty is going to be thrilled with this news.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-...-shoot-in-2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Topic back from the dead, and speaking of Dead, Bond 23 has now been "axed completely"
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100704/...l-ea4616c.html
    My guess is by the time they get it back on track Craig will be long gone.
    Go Gators!

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Topic back from the dead, and speaking of Dead, Bond 23 has now been "axed completely"
    Was Craig's Bond movies a reboot to the series? I'm sure Bond will get another reboot regardless

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The way studios like to get as much mileage as they can out of franchises, there's no way it'd be gone forever. It's good that the studio decided to put the franchise on the shelf, rather than release a new installment on the cheap.
    /r/reds

Is anyone here friends with Harry Yeaggy of Cincinnati? The current issue of AutoWeek states at pages 10-11 that he was the high bidder for the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 driven by Sean Connery in "Goldfinger" and "Thunderball." He paid $4.6 million.
    Speaking of James Bond actors, I just read today that Daniel Craig is filming "Cowboys and Aliens," co-starring Harrison Ford. Craig apparently plays a cowboy who leads people in an old west town in 1873 in a battle against aliens from space. The film is to be released next summer.
    Finally MGM has tentatively stated that the next Bond movie, presumably starring Craig, will be released in November 2012, assuming that all goes as planned in its bankruptcy.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Is anyone here friends with Harry Yeaggy of Cincinnati? The current issue of AutoWeek states at pages 10-11 that he was the high bidder for the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 driven by Sean Connery in "Goldfinger" and "Thunderball." He paid $4.6 million.
    Speaking of James Bond actors, I just read today that Daniel Craig is filming "Cowboys and Aliens," co-starring Harrison Ford. Craig apparently plays a cowboy who leads people in an old west town in 1873 in a battle against aliens from space. The film is to be released next summer.
    Finally MGM has tentatively stated that the next Bond movie, presumably starring Craig, will be released in November 2012, assuming that all goes as planned in its bankruptcy.
    He's President & CEO of Union Savings Bank. Usually see him at the Concours D'Elegance every year, as well as a bunch of other car shows. Nice guy. I didn't know he bought that DB5, pretty sweet.

It is now being reported that the next James Bond movie will be released on November 9, 2012. Daniel Craig will return as 007. The as yet untitled film will be directed by Sam Mendes, whose previous credits include "American Beauty" and "Road To Perdition." It is rumored that Simon Russell Beale may co-star.

Speaking of Craig - here's a image from the next pic he'll be in (w/Harrison Ford) this summer. http://www.cowboysandaliensmovie.com/

2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Speaking of Craig - here's a image from the next pic he'll be in (w/Harrison Ford) this summer. http://www.cowboysandaliensmovie.com/

This is going to either be really, really good or really, really bad. I love the movie's title.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    This is going to either be really, really good or really, really bad. I love the movie's title.
    Even if it's bad, it'll be popular. Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are producers and exec producer. They're about as close to royalty as one gets in Hollywood.

La Dolce Vita

i'm looking forward to seeing mr. craig as mikael blomqvist in "the girl with the dragon tattoo" and rest of the trilogy. it'll be tough to top michael nyqvist in the swedish versions.
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?