Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: The new James Bond??????

They call me "chef"

Re: The new James Bond??????

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I watched the entirety of Van Helsing because Monica Bellucci was in it.
    Monica Belucci was in your theatre???

2. Likes:

Razor Shines (12-05-2014),RedsBaron (12-05-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Checking IMDB, I had her confused with Kate Beckinsale. Either way, it was a crap movie.
    Kate would EASILY be in that quick 50.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Spectre: watch footage from the James Bond shoot in Austria
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015...oot-in-austria
    Attachment 8609
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I agree with your review of Van Helsing. Kate Beckinsale was the only thing in that movie worth watching. Kate would be an excellent choice as a "Bond Girl."
    Even with Kate Beckinsale, I couldn't make it 1/5 of the way in. Atrocious dialogue.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

1st trailer

8. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-29-2015)

They mention "Skyfall" in that trailer and every time I hear that word now I cannot help but think of the Pete Holmes skit. It's so dumb but makes me laugh every time.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

10. Likes:

Raisor (08-12-2015)

I surely hope the "secret" isn't a long long father/brother type thing.

Ugh.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post

Ugh.
    Feels like brother or cousin if they keep the actors ages the same as the characters: Waltz is 58; Craig is 47. Maybe some lost German royalty involved. It's Bond, I'm excited!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    They mention "Skyfall" in that trailer and every time I hear that word now I cannot help but think of the Pete Holmes skit. It's so dumb but makes me laugh every time.

We have found the next James Bond.

btw, I never saw a single episode of The Pete Holmes show, but his podcast ("You made it weird") has become my absolute favorite.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

So, is Walz in reality Blofield? Given what they did with M, Q, and Moneypenny in the last one, I'm assuming someone will turn out to be him.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    We have found the next James Bond.

btw, I never saw a single episode of The Pete Holmes show, but his podcast ("You made it weird") has become my absolute favorite.
    I only watched a few episodes of The Pete Holmes Show but I also love his podcast. Could be part of the reason his show didn't get picked up for a second season, people like you and I who enjoy Pete Holmes didn't watch his show.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Senor Votto

I'm especially excited for Waltz and Bautista in this.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post

Ugh.
    Well we know his parents are dead. The paper he was holding was a guardianship form and the ski picture showed an adult male and a child. I am guessing it has something to do with the guardian.

I rewatched Skyfall the other night and they never explain the story of how Bond's parents died. I had on part of Sam Mendes' director commentary on the Blu Ray and during the scene in with Bond and M are in Glencoe she asks him a little about his childhood. His response to how his parent died was that M knows the story. Mendes said in the commentary that the scene was longer originally Bond said more but it didn't feel like the right time for him to do so so it was cut short. Later, Mendes spoke about how Fleming had written about Bonds parents being killed in a mountaineering accident. In the photo from the trailer it is a mountain scene. It could be the secret is simply more info about how they died and if James had a role in the accident.

Edit: from WikiBond
    http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/Monique_Delacroix_Bond
    It was not until the penultimate novel, You Only Live Twice, that Ian Fleming gave Bond a sense of family background, using a fictional obituary, purportedly from The Times. The book was the first to be written after the release of Dr. No in cinemas and Sean Connery's depiction of Bond affected Fleming's interpretation of the character, to give Bond both a sense of humour and Scottish antecedents that were not present in the previous stories. The novel reveals Bond is the son of a Scottish father, Andrew Bond, of Glencoe, and a Swiss mother, Monique Delacroix, of the Canton de Vaud. [B]When his parents are killed in a tragic mountain climbing accident in the Aiguilles Rouges near Chamonix, eleven-year-old James is orphaned.
    http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/Andrew_Bond
    The novel reveals Bond is the son of a Scottish father, Andrew Bond, of Glencoe, and a Swiss mother, Monique Delacroix, of the Canton de Vaud. The young James Bond spends much of his early life abroad, becoming multilingual in German and French because of his father's work as a Vickers armaments company representative.
    You only live twice also referred to Bond's father having a sister, Charmain.
    Last edited by klw; 04-03-2015 at 09:44 AM.

19. Likes:

marcshoe (04-03-2015)

Oh this looks good.

21. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-07-2015)

Turn Off Ads?