Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rose and Grey interview

Rose and Grey interview

Does anyone have a audio or movie clip of this interview? I found the dialoge... but I have a presentation coming up here soon and I could really use it.

Thanks.

Jim Gray: Pete, now let me ask you. It seems as though there is an opening, the American public is very forgiving. Are you willing to show contrition, admit that you bet on baseball and make some sort of apology to that effect?

Pete Rose: Not at all, Jim. I'm not going to admit to something that didn't happen. I know you're getting tired of hearing me say that. But I appreciate the ovation. I appreciate the American fans voting me on the All-Century Team. I'm just a small part of a big deal tonight.

JG: With the overwhelming evidence in that report, why not make that step...

PR: No. This is too much of a festive night to worry about that because I don't know what evidence you're talking about. I mean, show it to me...

JG: Pete, those who will hear this tonight will say you have been your own worst enemy and continue to be. How do you respond to that?

PR: In what way are you talking about?

JG: By not acknowledging what seems to be overwhelming evidence.

PR: Yeah, I'm surprised you're bombarding me like this. I mean I'm doing an interview with you on a great night, a great occasion, a great ovation. Everybody seems to be in a good mood. And you're bringing up something that happened 10 years ago ... This is a prosecutor's brief, not an interview, and I'm very surprised at you.

JG: Some would be surprised that you didn't take the opportunity.
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    bomarl1969

Re: Rose and Grey interview

I still to this day hate that pr*** Jim Grey and I loved when he had to apologize a few nights later.

Yep, no matter what happened with Pete that was a baseball night. It was undeserved and Jim Grey was looking to be remembered forever for something.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Yep, no matter what happened with Pete that was a baseball night. It was undeserved and Jim Grey was looking to be remembered forever for something.
    We now know of course that Pete lied, but I still believe that Grey was "out of bounds" in that "interview." The occasion was the celebration of the All Century Team. To me Grey's questions were inappropriate in that setting. I compared it at the time to a reporter, present at the wedding of a child of a major politician, badgering the politician about a political scandal---the politician may be corrupt, but the wedding isn't the place for such questions, no matter if the politician has been evading interviews.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I can't remember if it was FSN Beyond The Glory or ESPN Classic Sportscentury or both, but one or both of them has the interview.

I compared it....
    To Mark McGwire last week.

Turn Off Ads?