Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fourth Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Re: Fourth Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    The guy is entitled to his opinion. Piling on is actually the quickest way to kill a thread because it takes the thread off topic.

Rem
    Sorry. I was giving out my own "RedsZone Postee Award," which I think that particular poster deserves.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 12-21-2005 at 12:41 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadFundamentals

Trade for a PTBNL
    Toss up between M2 and MWM. I forget which is the whiner and which is the pseudo know it all or are they the same person? ...

Most Valuable Posters
    Me and anyone else who sticks up (despite censorship) for something other than strikeout homerun loving sabermetric opinions. Otherwise, just forget the "for reds fans by reds fans" and change it to "a sabermetric, strikeout loving, adam dunn loving community"

Rudest and Most Hateful
    Steel Sd. Most people on this board and others agree, disagree, embrace, dismiss, ignore etc..etc.. and take it all in stride without stooping to hate and childish namecalling - ...
    Merry Christmas.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    The guy is entitled to his opinion. Piling on is actually the quickest way to kill a thread because it takes the thread off topic.

Rem

Rem, if you want to defend BF go ahead, just don't expect many others to back you up. His post was mean spirited and nasty. Frankly, if he doesn't like RZ then he should go somewhere else.

I could care less if he has a differing opinion, but he doesn't have to come into a thread like this and throw barbs at other posters and make yet another obligitory Adam Dunn crack.

Frankly, if it was up to me I'd ban him, I'm tired of it.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Rem, if you want to defend BF go ahead, just don't expect many others to back you up. His post was mean spirited and nasty. Frankly, if he doesn't like RZ then he should go somewhere else.

I could care less if he has a differing opinion, but he doesn't have to come into a thread like this and throw barbs at other posters and make yet another obligitory Adam Dunn crack.

I have a feeling that he will be gone soon.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I have a feeling that he will be gone soon.
    Hopefully.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    Amen.
    We get political threads taken away, but this guy's allowed to cyber-defecate on the holiday season!

Booo!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Best tag line
    "0 Value over Replacement Poster" and others, but this is my favorite.

Most Valuable Poster
    Steel. He's the one responsible for me coming back to RedsZone and I'm a better baseball fan for it.

Most Valuable Poster (Reprise)
    Whose information do you read first, agree the most with, or disagree but read first anyway?
    In alphabetical order: M2, OldRightHander, SteelSD, TeamClark, WoY

Most Valuable Poster (Reprise II)
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    No one is bigger than the whole collective of the board, the place really churns out the content, making it easier for one stop baseball reading.
    Most Clever/Funniest
    Too many to list. It seems someone is always making a comment that makes me spew barley, hops, yeast, and water all over my keyboard.

Most Clever/Funniest (Reprise)
    I stumbled onto this thread tonight. It's from 12-14-2004, but Roy Tucker gets my vote for the absolute funniest thing I've ever read on RedsZone. If this isn't archived, it should be.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30326

smith288 comes in a very close second with the "more cowbells" clip.

Best Trademeister
    I have to go with gonelong on this one.

Most Positive/Nicest
    The Teamsters, SandyD, SuperBarry, KittyDuran, and others that I've Shirley forgotten.

Best Newcomer
    Cyclone792

Best Outsider
    MattyMoRocks, Stewie, and most likely others I've missed.

The Old Red Guard Award
    I think it was ORH who posted about getting arrested for walking home drunk after a Reds game. I wish I had a link for that post. Another thread that should be archived, if it isn't already.

Best Historian
    Not to take anything away from WoY, but I want to give a shout out to SandyD. She has posted some great stuff as well.

Lifetime Achievement Award
    Boss took the time to defend/explain the rant against RedsZone at Reds.Com once, after one of BF's tirades on that site. It left a favorable impression with me.

Oh yea', almost forgot one.

Most Whipped Poster/Most Valuable Poster (Reprise III)/Best use of statistics
    Gotta' be Raisor! He won a Nobel Prize for his invention of Pythag and the drinking bird thingy for crying out loud.

Just sayin'...
    Last edited by Reds Nd2; 12-23-2005 at 09:19 PM.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Don't call me Shirley.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    The Old Red Guard Award
    I think it was ORH who posted about getting arrested for walking home drunk after a Reds game. I wish I had a link for that post. Another thread that should be archived, if it isn't already.
    I think it must be this story you're thinking about.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38607&

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2

Most Whipped Poster/Most Valuable Poster (Reprise III)/Best use of statistics
    Gotta' be Raisor! He won a Nobel Prize for his invention of Pythag and the drinking bird thingy for crying out loud.

Just sayin'...

I just got a phone call that I'm up for Nobel Prize number seven. Has to do with a 12 page paper I wrote on Sherman's march to the Sea back in college.

It killed.

Today is my first anniversary at this site. I am thankful that it did not take me long to get to the Org board. I want to thank everyone for the welcome. Woy would be my nominee for board Historian. Teamcasey is my nominee for nicest poster. My best thread nominees are game threads and the draft thread. Krono is my nominee for most helpful poster. I want to thank everyone again for the warm welcome you gave me this year.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Only award I wish to hand out is to Bad Fundamentals.

The refusual to use data, creative thinking and new ideas is precisely why teams like the Reds fail. The "old school" is damning them.

Badfundamentals reminds me of this with each of his arguments.

I hope he does not get banned, The person is entitled to an opinion no matter what others think of it. Then again, it aint my board.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    I hope he does not get banned, The person is entitled to an opinion no matter what others think of it. Then again, it aint my board.
    I don't think anyone ever has or ever will get kicked out for having an opinion, but being belligerent to another member is quite another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Only award I wish to hand out is to Bad Fundamentals.

The refusual to use data, creative thinking and new ideas is precisely why teams like the Reds fail. The "old school" is damning them.

Badfundamentals reminds me of this with each of his arguments.

I was fine with his contrarianism until it reached the point of attacking folks in this thread. I do believe that dissenting opinions make for good discussion, but IMO he pushed his agenda to the point of making his presence a detriment to RZ b/c he insisted on making things personal. I do realize that he did get picked on somewhat himself, but honestly i don't really think the posters he chose to attack are the ones that picked on him in a personal manner. Frankly, I was probably meaner to him than either Raisor or SteelSD, and that reflects poorly on me, I know.

Either way, it's really up to Boss & GIK to decide what they want to do. They've shown good judgement in the past and this site is theirs to do with as they please, and I'd just like to thank them both for doing this for all of us because it is a great site.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?