Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fourth Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Fourth Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Time for the nominations.

The Categories from last year (any ideas for new categories this year?):

Most missed poster

Miss the daily Richard Hand expose on typing with both eyes closed? Wish Fox could still regale us with constant rumors from his unnamed baseball sources? Fiind yourself melancholy over the absense of a myriad of former posters? Who's missed most?

Best tag line

The tag line is that little thing at the bottom of some posts. No, not that little thing at the bottom; the other little thing. Who inspires best? Makes you laugh? Makes you scratch your head trying to decipher those in jokes that are sure to make sense if only you start licking toads.

Best Moniker

Like the understatement of princeton, that Ivy League professor of Reds-related knowledge? Or, Hey Kids! How about Krusty? Does one of the Teamsters make you think about things even before you read their posts? If so, show them you care!

Most Valuable Poster

Whose information do you read first, agree the most with, or disagree but read first anyway? Who finds things you'd never, ever get to read without their help? Who makes you think most?

Most Clever

Best use of poetry, tone, statistics, one-liners to get the point across. Who made a point this year that just made you stop whatever else you were doing and go "uh-huh".

Best Armchair GM

Who would you rather run the Reds than Jim Bowden? Who is the next Theo Epstein?

Best Trademeister

Who comes up with the best deals? Whether it be plausible or not, which of the ADD posters here entertains you with their constant tinkering with the Cincinnati roster?

Best Discussion

Which discussion throughout the year made you think the most? Made you turn to the most? Got the most response? Made you bang your head on the keyboard and curse the heavens because it came up so slow?

Worst Typist

Whether it be grammatical, misspellings, or unclear wording, who makes you scratch your head and wonder what they're taking?

Funniest

Who makes you shoot milk through your nose everytime they post? Who makes you giggle even before you open their posts?

Best Use of Statistics

Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best?

Most Long-winded

Who can't ever shut up, even though you already get the point and wish they'd just stop, they just keep going and going and going, even though they've already gotten across everything they wanted to say they also go off onto other tangents like that time I was sittin in my car and suddenly I thought of a great trade involving Danny Jackson and a gorilla except this gorilla is like the gorilla in Congo and have you ever seen that movie it's really not bad... Nevermind.

Most Positive

Begging the pardon of Rosy Red here, who's the rosiest of us all? Whose glass is consantly half full?

Most Negative

Who is the eeyore?

Best Use of an Emoticon

Who deserves and for coming up with all the best of these little guys out of all us posters.

Nicest

Who is the person most likely to give you the Junor Jersey off their back? Who makes you grin like a little kid?

Best Moderator

Who do you depend on the most? Which one of those guys seems to fix everything?

Best Chatter

Only those that have attended the chat room may vote in this highly contested award. (Haynes underwear will be given to the winner. But not Haynes' underwear.)

Most Off-Topic

I like potatoes!

And, I submit for new awards this year:

Best Newcomer

Who has joined Redszone in the last year and made a lasting impact? The Rookie of the Year.

Best Outsider

Favorite fan of a team other than the Reds

New Categories

The Marty Brennamen Award

Who does the best job of play by play during the game threads?

The Old Red Guard Award

We all know the post. What was the most memorable post of the last year? The one that really made you think, reminisce or stand up and cheer.

Best Historian

Who does the best job of bringing back yesterday when baseball was a game and those who played it were gods?

Lifetime Achievement Award

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here? Someone who has been around since the early days and hasn't skipped a beat. The Frank Sinatra of Redszone.

Most Tired Topic of the Year

What one topic showed up in about 300 threads a day? The one that you swore you would go postal on someone if you saw one more thread about it ever again.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fourth Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Way too early for this. Wait until December.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Way too early for this. Wait until December.
    There's been more than 12 months since the last one.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

December seems about right to me too. Not to make any waves or anything.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Yeah, but other than the NFL, what would we have to look forward to for the next two months?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    There's been more than 12 months since the last one.
    Actually I think last year's got lost in the transem somewhere.

The 3rd annual one got started on 11/30/03. This would be the 5th annual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Yeah, but other than the NFL, what would we have to look forward to for the next two months?
    The year's not over. It's like voting for President before the primaries end.

I guess you're right...I am just SO bored with the board, so to speak. If I had any scabs right now, I'd be tempted to pick them.

I was just trying to line it up with the end of the baseball season.

OK with you if I close the thread and subscribe to it and then re-open it and bump it back up around mid-December, sava?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    OK with you if I close the thread and subscribe to it and then re-open it and bump it back up around mid-December, sava?

That's cool.

Looks like it's about that time.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

What are the nominating and voting rules for the awards? December 23rd is my first anniversary on the board? When are the nominees known?
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 12-12-2005 at 08:46 PM.

No rules.

Each person is free to nominate whomever he or she likes for any award listed, or you can make up new awards out of thin air and nominate people for those.

You can check the archives to see how it's been done in the past, then sharpen your pencil and hop into the voting booth.

Makes all the routine posts.

Thanks Redsland.

Turn Off Ads?