Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dr. Phil may bring break in Aruba missing teen case

Dr. Phil may bring break in Aruba missing teen case

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/br...e_212864.shtml

by Mitch Marconi
    Oct 14, 2005

As reported by tPC weeks ago, Deepak Kalpoe told a polygraph expert that he and his brother and Satish had sex with missing Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway on the Dr. Phil show.

According to the new police chief in Aruba, the change in Deepak Kalpoe's statement could have a profound effect on the case.

"They always denied having sex with this young girl," said Deputy Chief Gerald Dompig, according to the AP. "And so, in looking at the tapes, to watch if this is really what this gentleman has said, then it is totally contrary to what he has declared at our police station."

Dompig also indicated that the new version of the story could land Kalpoe back behind bars.

Dompig, joined MSNBC's Dan Abrams on Wednesday to discuss the status of the case. He told Abrams that police have requested the tapes from the Dr. Phil show.

"ABRAMS: So, if those tapes are verified by you, are you going to re-arrest Deepak Kalpoe?

DOMPIG: Of course, that's one of the strong possibilities. Don't forget that we do have to follow tactical issues and strategies."

Beth Holloway Twitty appeared by video tape and offered this statement: "I've seen several of Joran's statements. And I don't know why he was released. He has her coming in and out of consciousness repeatedly throughout his statements. You know, he admits to bringing her to his home. And he even gives a date and a time, 1:40 a.m. on May the 30th, and, you know, has sex with her in his home."
    Continue reading this article below

Police Chief Dompig went on to say that the information Holloway Twitty is "Not true. As I said earlier, also, we are re-reading all the statements at this moment. And there's no statement of that kind," Dompig said.

"The only statement that comes close is that he had a plan -- he wanted to go to the house to have sex or whatever, and they stopped in front of the house, but they did not leave the car. So they didn't go into the house. That's his statement ..... I think that maybe somewhere, somehow Beth saw the statement -- it was translated, or she didn't get the statement completely the way it is. But I assure you this is the statement."

Twitty said she and Natalee's father, Dave Holloway, are going back to Aruba next week.

Water searches will reportedly be conducted and the Texas-based Equisearch will once again head back to the island to help search for Natalee, who has been missing since Memorial Day weekend.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dr. Phil may bring break in Aruba missing teen case

Deepak Kalpoe told a polygraph expert that he and his brother and Satish had sex with missing Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway on the Dr. Phil show.
    The Dr. Phil show has people having sex? Methinks the editor needed to have the author rework that sentence.
    Sabermetrics can be boiled down to this simple truism: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Is this a claim of consensual sex with the girl? Having lost interest in the 'glamour' of this case long ago I'm not sure what the claim is by this man.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

The Dr. Phil show has people having sex? Methinks the editor needed to have the author rework that sentence.
    You beat me to the punch, Dan. Nicely done.

That must have been a *GREAT* episode of the Dr. Phil show.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?