Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Lual

Introduction

lo lads

Just a post to introduce myself on these forums (hope this is an OK place to post), im Lual (or Alan) and am from England.

Why am i posting on a Cincinnati Reds message board, you may ask....

Well i suppose you could call me a distant' adopted fan of the Cincinnati Reds

Why the Reds? Well their history is intriging, and i love reading about the great team of the 70s - and im also a big fan of the current lineup, its just a shame theres no pitching to back up the threat at the plate.

Alongside this, im a big MVP player, and have taken on the Reds as my team (theres a link to my story in my signature, if anyone wants a read... 62 pages and growing mind)

I also like the Orioles in the American League, but rather than follow them like the Reds, i just keep an eye on their results.

Anyway, enough of me going on, id just like to get to know you lads on here -and maybe next season, my dream of going to the GABP can come true and i can meet some other Reds fans in person and enjoy a game or 2 of Reds baseball.

cheers lads

Last edited by Lual; 10-14-2005 at 06:15 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Introduction

Welcome
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Welcome. If you have just recently become a fan of the Reds, then you are already battle-tested, true and blue. I became a fan in the heady days of 1972; these days we suffer under the yoke of ineptitude.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Welcome aboard
    Go Gators!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Welcome, Lual. You've come to the best place on the 'net to follow the Reds. On this august assemblage, you'll read the good, the bad and the ugly.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Lual

thanks for the warm response - cheers lads

1 quick question in regards to places to stay in Cincinnati / Airport

ive been looking at flight details etc for getting to Cinci (obviously this is just a nose around, as its a long way till next season) - but im wondering, how far is the stadium from the airport? what hotels are of a good standard and near the stadium? and what sort of price would good tickets be - does it depend on the opposition?

im going to try and plan the trip around a long homestand, so i can get maybe 7 nights in Cincinnati, seeing 6 games or so - and hopefully some day trips around the stadium etc

a pure baseball holiday - cant say any fairer than that

cheers lads

Try this link. It should be a good starting point.

http://www.gototown.com/
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

WAGS

welcome to the forums

Welcome. And we look forward to your visit next summer. I live here, so PM me if you have questions that I might be able to help you with.

I'm interested in how you got to like baseball as it's not a very popular game in the UK.

BTW, I've visited the UK several times, especially England. Where exactly are you from.

Looking forward to talking baseball and the Reds in particular.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Lual

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Welcome. And we look forward to your visit next summer. I live here, so PM me if you have questions that I might be able to help you with.

I'm interested in how you got to like baseball as it's not a very popular game in the UK.

BTW, I've visited the UK several times, especially England. Where exactly are you from.

Looking forward to talking baseball and the Reds in particular.
    Thanks Mate

Im from Southampton, at the foot of England, about 70miles (1 hour) from London.

As for liking baseball, its a combination of it being shown live once a week on TV (Sunday Nights) a few years back. Then i purchased MVP Baseball PC game, and this helped me learn more about the rules, teams etc - as i got to play the game.

Since then, we have had a new channel added to the Digital Satellite package called NASN, and this broadcasts 5 - 7 live baseball games a week, so i have been able to get my fix from there. (Though barely any Reds tbh)

You are correct in saying its not very popular over here - probably due to the fact that live games generally start 1am our time,- sometimes NASN will show a day game (but this costs £14.99p/m) so the 'average public' wont get to see this as a teaser.

Whats parts of England have you been too?

Cheers lads

Welcome aboard.

Keep an eye on the forum when the new season opens up and we usually have a Redszone get-together during one of their homestands. Each year they get bigger and better. And ther ar ealways those who post links to hotel arrangements, etc.

Skol mate!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Welcom Lual. My wife's family lives in Thetford. My mother-in-law grew up in Kent and London before moving over here.

I remember staying up until 2 am to watch baseball and football on Eurosport in Austria. I hope you're able to make it to a game next year. There's nothing like watching a game at the ballpark.

Welcome, Lual. If you are interested in coming here for some games, check the FAQ for information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Tally ho.

Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?