Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Springfield Ohio native and NBA player Jason Collier dies suddenly

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Springfield Ohio native and NBA player Jason Collier dies suddenly

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. Did I miss it?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

Last edited by cincinnati chili; 10-15-2005 at 03:36 PM.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Springfield Ohio native and NBA player Jason Collier dies suddenly

When I was little (5th, 6th, 7th grade, something like that), my dad used to do a lot of scouting for my high school's boys varsity basketball program (he was the 8th grade coach). He'd take me out to games and let me do the shot chart, which was my favorite thing in the world to do (and it made me feel ultra important!). We were ALWAYS watching Springfield Central Catholic (or is it Catholic Central... Never can remember), so I had the pleasure of seeing Jason Collier play quite a few times during his high school career. He was by far my favorite high school basketball player, and I always looked up to him (literally and figuratively, haha). I used to cut out pics of him in the paper and the tournament guide and keep them in my room. I just thought he was so awesome. I've followed him through his college career at Georgia Tech and then in the NBA.

Anyway, I was so extremely sad to see this.... He seemed like a great guy, and I just feel terrible for what his family is going through right now. Rest in peace, Jason, and God bless his family.
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Wow - how sad. I feel terrible for his family.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Wow.

When I was in 6th grade, SCC played at my high school (we were in the same conference then).

I just remember going up to Collier and asking him for his autograph - he towered over us.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?