Turn Off Ads?

Thread: latest drug craze in Britain, injecting shampoo

latest drug craze in Britain, injecting shampoo

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html

DRUG addicts who can't get their hands on heroin are injecting anti-dandruff shampoo instead.

Junkies have been raiding chemist shops desperate for their next fix.

Drug workers say they boil up the shampoo to extract the ethanol and then pump it into their veins to get high.

The sick craze was only picked up after a spate of shampoo thefts from shops.

Staff at Boots in Seaham, County Durham, couldn't understand why addicts were clearing shelves of Head and Shoulders.

But a user confessed to a drug worker that the latest craze was to boil it up and inject it like heroin.

Tony Pendelbury, of the North East Council of Addictions, said: "Ethanol is not a good thing to be inserting into your veins.

"We know the shampoo thing started in Glasgow and it's now made it's way down here."

Last night, Boots said they weren't aware of shampoo being stolen by drug users and couldn't comment on the issue
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: latest drug craze in Britain, injecting shampoo

Maybe I missing something, but why not just buy straight ethanol?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Maybe I missing something, but why not just buy straight ethanol?
    I guess drug addicts (at least the types who inject chemicals taken from shampoo) do not think logically. Imagine that!

Can we say that a person who injects chemicals from Head & Shoulders shampoo is a bit "flaky"?

Someone should turn them on to toothpaste.

Makes all the routine posts.

I know I guy who used to shoot up back in the early 1970's, but I'm not sure what- it wasn't heroin, I think it was speed. He is completely clean now, but he said sometimes when he couldn't find anything he would heat peanut butter in a pan and shoot up the liquid that would form. I don't haqve proof he did it, as I didn't know him then, but he hasn't to my knowledge ever lied to me.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Wasn't this an episode of "The Young Ones"?

Whatever happened to the good ol' days when people just sniffed Pam?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Whatever happened to the good ol' days when people just sniffed Pam?
    Pam grew up and became more responsible. She has a husband and a couple kids now, so the wild days are a thing of the past.

Turn Off Ads?