They were talking this morning on 1360 about a proposal that is being voted on in Kentucky that would separate the private schools from the public ones for post season tournaments and that there would be a state champion for each. Of course the angry guys were quite angry about this, and I can see why. Personally, I think this is wrong. For one, if I was back in high school and playing sports and I had the good fortune to win a state championship, I would want the satisfaction that my team was indeed the best team in the state. Also, it makes me wonder what is considered the primary purpose of high school to start with. They were saying that some of the public schools were complaining about not being able to compete with the private schools that are able to recruit. It seems rather lame to me. I hope this doesn't go through in Kentucky, because it could be an idea that would catch on in other states if it does. I can see some parents saying things like, "If it makes it easier for my little Johnny to win a state championship, then it's a good idea." I just don't think this is a good idea.