Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Powerball

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Powerball

I just heard on the radio that the powerball winner was from Oregon. Now considering the number of Redszone members who live in that state, I feel obligated to bring up a little known policy that we have had here. If any member wins a large multi million dollar jackpot, that person is obligated to share the winnings with the other members of Redszone. So if WOY or Pedro or any of our other members from Portland happen to be the winner, I will be awaiting my share of the winnings anxiously. You can't hide. We know how to find you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Powerball

actually if it is someone on this board they will probably buy the Reds and move them to Portland.

Actually, the policy has been amended. If anyone on this board wins a jackpot that big, that person should donate a good portion of it toward signing a couple top notch starting pitchers. Oswalt anyone?

Powerball is praised as salvation by the same people who claim they won't get cancer from smoking.

In short WOY and Pedro are stat guys so they generally don't play long shot lottery games.. though we did ponder it over beers last night... but did nothing about it evidently.

Maybe it was OR, or GM or Eric Davis fan.. maybe Doc Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Powerball is praised as salvation by the same people who claim they won't get cancer from smoking.

In short WOY and Pedro are stat guys so they generally don't play long shot lottery games.. though we did ponder it over beers last night... but did nothing about it evidently.

Maybe it was OR, or GM or Eric Davis fan.. maybe Doc Scott.
    Yeah, it's hard to win if you don't buy a ticket. I don't buy them either. I think we have a better chance of Eric Milton winning the Cy Young than me winning the powerball.

Gee, I thought Powerball was the antithesis of Smallball. :

Rem

There's nothing I hate worse then standing behind someone at the counter, while wanting to pay for my gas, and having to wait while they buy their strings of lottery tickets. You can tell by looking at them and the car they drive off in that they probably have no business buying lottery tix. I think of all the money I have saved by never buying one.

Simply another "gimmick" for states to get money from taxpayers by throwing them crumbs. I always thought that they should set the system up so that you have more million dollar winners, vastly increasing the odds and number of winners among the populace, rather then the current system.

There are a group of guys at work who twice a week pool their money (about $200 total) and buy tix. I've watched them do this now for over 10 years. I've asked them what have they ever won, compared to what you have spent? They won $500 once - divided up among 15 guys comes to what? - and they take that and put it back into tix.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I won the powerball and plan on donating all the winnings to either Donald Trump or Bill Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I won the powerball and plan on donating all the winnings to either Donald Trump or Bill Gates.

They've got kids to feed ya know.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Your odds of hitting the lottery wouldn't be much worse if you'd never been born.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?