Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outfielder to be traded

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Outfielder to be traded

Dan O'Brien, on with Lance, just said in order to get pitching, and seeing as the outfield is a surplus for this team, trading one of them is the avenue they will likely go.

Now the debate....who goes and for what?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Outfielder to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Dan O'Brien, on with Lance, just said in order to get pitching, and seeing as the outfield is a surplus for this team, trading one of them is the avenue they will likely go.

Can't sneak anything by Dan, he's a quick as a they come.

It took this long to get it out of him....

Here's where DanO trades Dunn for Zack Greinke.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I don't know if knee jerk reactions like this are good for the team.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

He's going to trade Dunn and get 10 cents on the dollar. I just know it.

Dunn is the only one that will bring back pitching, and unfortunately DanO's idea of pitching is Milton and Ortiz. I could see him trading Dunn for Bronson Arroyo or Mike Maroth. Really, I could.

I'm going to hate this offseason.

I don't think I trust this front office trading a superstar....

Lets ask a question...

If the Reds would have traded WMP or Kearns in the offseason do you think that would have been wise?

In hinsight, yes...but in the real world...NO! It would have been STUPID!!! As STUPID as signing Wilson, Ortiz and Milton...though I still have hope for the Milton deal to work out (when we trade him to get a couple MLB ready prospects) here's why.

Junior had a comeback year but we didn't and HE didn't even know if he was going to be able to play at all on his reconstructed body. Now we are a year down the road and can see that Junior can still perform and we can safely trade one of the outfielders without losing production and performance.

Just MHO
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

It'll be Dunn or JR

This team as always thinks $ first.
    Go Gators!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Has he ever publicly acknowledged that he is the GM of this team? LOL!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw

i thought, according to dan, there was no surplus. everyone is needed, we dont have a log jam

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    It'll be Dunn or JR

This team as always thinks $ first.
    that may be there reasoning. but they would be the ones to go if i was gm to and its the only way i can get pitching. they bring you the most back.

No matter what they get for Dnn most wil not be happy that is a known fact. Adam is my favourite Red, but I am realistic in that I realize, we either get avg yuck pitching in return or have to gamble on some high upside prospects. Thats the part that leaves me terrified about which way DanO will go if this situation comes up.

MartyFan, in the real world plenty of us have been banging the trade an OF... or two ... or three ... drum for the past few years. The Reds walked into the 2005 season five deep in the OF (counting Ryan Freel). Apparently it's taken DanO two years to grasp the obvious.

As for what you can get, I'd be talking hot and heavy with the Rockies about Jeff Francis and Jason Jennings. Though the pitching you trade for might be something more along the lines of the Jose Guillen for Aaron Harang deal. In that case it's up to the skill of talent evaluators, not exactly a comforting thought when you consider the track record of this front office.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    It'll be Dunn

Turn Off Ads?