Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outfielder to be traded

Re: Outfielder to be traded

Both Griffey and Kearns will go (seperate trades)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Enough of the money whining. Dunn and Griffey(even though he should be) aren't dealable. Lindner has the nix on that.

It will be Pena, you can almost be sure of that. O'brien never has been high on him and with Denorfia ready to ascend, Pena's been replaced.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Dan O'Brien, on with Lance, just said in order to get pitching, and seeing as the outfield is a surplus for this team, trading one of them is the avenue they will likely go.

Now the debate....who goes and for what?

The avenue of broken dreams...
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Count me in the "trade two or more" camp. I want to bring in pitching, and in the shuffle, I'd like to bring in an outfielder, specifically a CF that can run down the rockets our pitchers give up. Run prevention comes in more than one flavor.
    Not all who wander are lost

Man Pills

Vanguard Dan

Quote Originally Posted by larryboy
    Both Griffey and Kearns will go (seperate trades)
    So the 2 best defenders?

WOOO
    Go Gators!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Don't forget, there are outfielders besides the Big 4. DanO could keep his word by trading Denorfia, for instance.

I'm also in favor of trading two of the OF's. I really dont care which two, I just dont want to watch another season of the same pitching. Just remember you dont neccessarily need Dunn or Pena power to hit 30/40 homeruns when you play half your games at GABP. I think you try to trade a couple of OF's to upgrade both the rotation and the bullpen and then you bring in a guy with decent power and let him swing away in that ballpark.

I don't even want to think about who they'll end up trading... it hurts my heart.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I FOR one like the idea of trading Wily Mo Pena to the Rockies for Jason Jennings. We are not going to get top notch talent for Pena or Kearns because we simply aren't giving them the at bats to showcase it for a full season. I would really like to land Jeff Francis, but I dont think Wily would get him. So because of us picking up a larger salary in JJ, we may also ask for Larry Bigbie too.

Scenerio: Reds trade Wily Mo Pena

Rockies trade Jason Jennings and Larry Bigbie, who then is our 4th Of with Denorfia being the 5th, putting Freel as the extra Inf.

pssst... DanO trade Casey and you solve the four outfielder problem.

Although I will admite that the Reds would have to put some money in w/ Sean to get rid of him but that is the smart solution. So that mean DanO will never think of it.

I think WMP is a goner. I would guess the AL, an offense starved team, like maybe Toronto.

The only thing that seems certain is DanO will screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    So the 2 best defenders?

WOOO
    Jr.'s patently awful in the field. He makes atrocious range look pretty, but it's still atrocious range. If the Reds want to fix the OF defense then Jr. MUST be replaced in CF with a quality flychaser. If that doesn't happen then changes on the corners would just be putting ranch dressing on a turd salad.

Kearns put on a fairly good-sized fielding dog in 2005. That could change because we know he has skills, but no team would suffer much losing the defensive performance he supplied last season.
    Last edited by M2; 10-20-2005 at 11:19 PM.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

I never worry about having a shotage of OF's b/c there are always guys available, especially for LF. That might be the easiest position to fill in the majors.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Turn Off Ads?