Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outfielder to be traded

Re: Outfielder to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    Count me in the "trade two or more" camp. I want to bring in pitching, and in the shuffle, I'd like to bring in an outfielder, specifically a CF that can run down the rockets our pitchers give up. Run prevention comes in more than one flavor.
    Joey Gathright intrigues me.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    Count me in the "trade two or more" camp. I want to bring in pitching, and in the shuffle, I'd like to bring in an outfielder, specifically a CF that can run down the rockets our pitchers give up. Run prevention comes in more than one flavor.
    i know a lot of reds fans these days just love to see a home run every now and then and lose(or so it seems). but i want PITCHING, SPEED, DEFENSE. i enjoy watching a team that can pitch and run so much more than waiting for a home run to happy. so boring

Quote Originally Posted by RDriesen16
    i know a lot of reds fans these days just love to see a home run every now and then and lose(or so it seems). but i want PITCHING, SPEED, DEFENSE. i enjoy watching a team that can pitch and run so much more than waiting for a home run to happy. so boring
    Mr. Driesen glad to make your acquaintance.

I couldn't agree more. For what 5 years? pretty much the same off season plan has been in effect..... fill a hole or two with every day players and then try and overhaul pitching. For what 5 years? we've had same results - it hasn't worked.

IF the fate of current regime is losing baseball at least can we watch a different style for a while? And who knows by playing a different and some might say "better" style, maybe a little more winning just might be a by-product?? stranger things have happened.........

Denorfia clearly has limited tools but his game is a nice change around here. Time to bust this team up a little.......

by the way, how hard it would it be to pay some Manpower or CBS or Workforce America employees to raise the fences 6 feet and back them up 15 feet in every field?

Quote Originally Posted by BadFundamentals
    by the way, how hard it would it be to pay some Manpower or CBS or Workforce America employees to raise the fences 6 feet and back them up 15 feet in every field?

Considering they'd have to remove seating everywhere but centerfield, it's much more difficult than it sounds.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Build bigger parks and pitchers will just get worse
    Go Gators!

I'm more convinced than ever that trading an outfielder shouldn't be a priority, and frankly shouldn't be done.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I'm more convinced than ever that trading an outfielder shouldn't be a priority, and frankly shouldn't be done.
    Why?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I thought we had an extra first baseman, and the Mets and Red Sox could each use a first baseman.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

One- You can't trade Dunn. Two Griffey is shot. Three- They have no value with Dan O'brien at the helm. Plug Wily Mo in CF, move Griffey to first and play Kearns in right. Right away you have an above average outfield and you've managed to get your best 8 hitters on the lineup card. I believe that Dan O'brien could get the same middling pitcher for Casey that he would manage to get for Pena/Kearns. I'm not saying because Dan O'brien is so incompetent that you just refuse to make moves, but I don't trust him to get anything remotely valuable in return for Kearns or Pena right now. Dunn he could get value for, but what's the point if you are giving away all that production? If you want to trade Dunn you might as well give up and trade even Harang or Felo.

I don't trust DanO either. In fact, I don't think DanO even trusts DanO. IMO, it's why he goes the "proven veteran" route.

He shouldn't trust himself.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I never worry about having a shotage of OF's b/c there are always guys available, especially for LF. That might be the easiest position to fill in the majors.
    IMHO, that statement is way too general. Instead, you need to look at both sides of that LF position... offense and defense. The Reds would be hard pressed to replace their current LFer with someone who could come even close to matching the offensive production they are currently getting.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Dunn can play RF as well.
    Go Gators!

You have to give up something in order to get something. I just dont think Casey would bring us anything of value, and as someone has already said we would have to pay at least a portion of his salary. I am convinced that the only way to bring some good pitching to this team is to part with some of the stud offensive players. You simply dont need Lopez, Griffey, Casey, Dunn, Pena, and Kearns to score runs in this ballpark. On the other hand you cant win in any park with Wilson, Milton, Harang, Claussen, and ? as your starting rotation.

Turn Off Ads?