Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sulu comes out

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Sulu comes out

C'mon. This guy CAN'T be gay.

Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love the episode of "3rd Rock From the Sun" where he played himself.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    C'mon. This guy CAN'T be gay.

Speaking of 3rd Rock From The Sun.... what about John Lithgow (below)?

I also just found out that he lives in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Which is a small 'burgh just down the road a piece, and home of Antioch College (where Rod Sterling was also a professor, and where Dave Chappelle also calls home).

And anyone who lives in this region, and knows Yellow Springs, will hum you the intro to Twilight Zone when this town is mentioned.

DO DO DO DO... DO DO DO DO
    Last edited by GAC; 03-18-2006 at 04:52 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Yellow Springs is widely known as a small, utopian hippy village. The village takes its name from a natural spring located in nearby Glen Helen Preserve, part of Antioch College, which is rich in iron ore, leaving a yellowish-orange coloring on the rocks.
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

Quote Originally Posted by It8ifyifitsgrif
    Yellow Springs is widely known as a small, utopian hippy village. The village takes its name from a natural spring located in nearby Glen Helen Preserve, part of Antioch College, which is rich in iron ore, leaving a yellowish-orange coloring on the rocks.
    Some good restaurants in YS.

Ha Ha Pizza, The Winds (I love that place), Ye Olde Trail Tavern, and of course, Youngs.

WOY would love it. Lots of veggie choices to be found there.

Oh, and a friend of mine (local cop) gave Dave Chappelle a speeding ticket not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Ye Olde Trail Tavern, and of course, Youngs.
    2 of my most favorite restaurants ever!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I agree wholeheartedly about the restaurant fare there.

But it is still a strange little village. I was born and raised in Springfield, and this town has always had that reputation.

You can still see people driving 1969 Volkswagon vans with psychedilic paint jobs, and looking like they just got back from Woodstock.

I have a couple buddies that live there, or in the outskirts, and they told me that YS has one of the highest per capita concentrations of practicing wicca's.

To each his own.

I now know where Sterling got alot of ideas for his show.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-30-2005 at 11:57 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

You can still see people driving 1969 Volkswagon vans with psychedilic paint jobs, and looking like they just got back from Woodstock.
    On their way to TGIF's...BTW you've just described the oregon highway scene daily.

I like Yellow Springs, last time I flew into Dayton I drove through there on the way down to Youngs Creamery... driving through town I saw a girl I went to HS with. Turns out she lives there now.

My wife got accepted into the Antioch Grad program in Keene N.H... we opted to stay in California.... it wasn't as run down and crazy as the one in Yellow Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I think I take Angelina over Jennifer from what I know about them. Angelina adopted two babies from the third world. They're both hot, but Angelina seems to be a nicer person, even with the tatoos.
    Perhaps but Angelina is a loon. There's no denying her hotness but she's not the most stable person out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Perhaps but Angelina is a loon. There's no denying her hotness but she's not the most stable person out there.
    I've always found craziness to increase the hotness factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Remember her brother?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    I've always found craziness to increase the hotness factor.
    (John Mellencamp/Randy Handly)

She's got tights on her legs
    She's got a floppy French hat
    Voodoo in her eyes
    An endangered species on her back

She talks about the movies
    She likes to talk about art
    She can show you a good time
    But you'll never touch her heart

CHORUS
    Mama why do I always fall for the crazy ones
    Mama why do they lay so heavy on my heart
    Well I'm drawn to the devil every time we kiss
    Mama why do the crazy ones leave me feeling like this
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

My first job out of college was in Yellow Springs (Fels Research which eventually became part of Wright State School of Medicine). Worked there for 4 years across the street from Antioch College. A nice transition from college to real life. Hippy chicks and killer weed.

I played CF on the Ye Olde Trails Tavern softball team for a few years. Roy could pick it in the day.

Ditto to creek's restaurant recommendations.

Little Art Theatre is a great indie flicks place.

Hiking in the area is great. I recommend Glen Helen, Clifton Gorge, and John Bryan. Also part of the Little Miame bike trail. Nice segment from YS to Xenia.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?