Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Young singers spread racist hate

Young singers spread racist hate

I'm not sure if racism is a political and religous topic, so if this gets moved to Ochre's site I'll take it that it is political.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1

Oct. 20, 2005 — Thirteen-year-old twins Lamb and Lynx Gaede have one album out, another on the way, a music video, and lots of fans.

They may remind you another famous pair of singers, the Olsen Twins, and the girls say they like that. But unlike the Olsens, who built a media empire on their fun-loving, squeaky-clean image, Lamb and Lynx are cultivating a much darker personna. They are white nationalists and use their talents to preach a message of hate.

Known as "Prussian Blue" — a nod to their German heritage and bright blue eyes — the girls from Bakersfield, Calif., have been performing songs about white nationalism before all-white crowds since they were nine.

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx. "We want our people to stay white … we don't want to just be, you know, a big muddle. We just want to preserve our race."

Lynx and Lamb have been nurtured on racist beliefs since birth by their mother April. "They need to have the background to understand why certain things are happening," said April, a stay-at-home mom who no longer lives with the twins' father. "I'm going to give them, give them my opinion just like any, any parent would."

April home-schools the girls, teaching them her own unique perspective on everything from current to historical events. In addition, April's father surrounds the family with symbols of his beliefs — specifically the Nazi swastika. It appears on his belt buckle, on the side of his pick-up truck and he's even registered it as his cattle brand with the Bureau of Livestock Identification.

"Because it's provocative," explains April of the cattle brand, "to him he thinks it's important as a symbol of freedom of speech that he can use it as his cattle brand."

Teaching Hate

Songs like "Sacrifice" — a tribute to Nazi Rudolf Hess, Hitler's deputy Fuhrer — clearly show the effect of the girls' upbringing. The lyrics praise Hess as a "man of peace who wouldn't give up."

"It really breaks my heart to see those two girls spewing out that kind of garbage," said Ted Shaw, civil rights advocate and president of the NAACP's Legal Defense Fund — though Shaw points out that the girls aren't espousing their own opinions but ones they're being taught.

On that point, April Gaede and Ted Shaw apparently agree.

"Well, all children pretty much espouse their parents' attitudes," she said. "We're white nationalists and of course that's a part of our life and I'm going to share that part of my life with my children."

Since they began singing, the girls have become such a force in the white nationalist movement, that David Duke — the former presidential candidate, one-time Ku-Klux-Klan grand wizard and outspoken white supremacist — uses the twins to draw a crowd.

Prussian Blue supporter Erich Gliebe, operator of one of the nation's most notorious hate music labels, Resistance Records, hopes younger performers like Lynx and Lamb will help expand the base of the White Nationalist cause.

"Eleven and 12 years old," he said, "I think that's the perfect age to start grooming kids and instill in them a strong racial identity."

Gliebe, who targets young, mainstream white rockers at music festivals like this past summer's "Ozzfest," says he uses music to get his message out.

But with names like Blue-Eyed Devils and Angry Aryans, these tunes are far more extreme than the ones sung by Lamb and Lynx.

"We give them a CD, we give them something as simple as a stick, they can go to our Web site and see other music and download some of our music," said Gliebe. "To me, that's the best propaganda tool for our youth."

A Taste for Hate

Gliebe says he hopes that as younger racist listeners mature, so will their tastes for harder, angrier music like that of Shawn Sugg of Max Resist.

One of Sugg's songs is a fantasy piece about a possible future racial war that goes: "Let the cities burn, let the streets run red, if you ain't white you'll be dead."

"I'd like to compare it to gangsta rap," explained Sugg, "where they glorify, you know, shooting n****** and pimping *****s."

Sugg shrugs off criticism that music like his should not be handed out to schoolyard children, arguing that "it's just music, it's not like you're handing out AK-47s."

Perhaps not, but Shaw says it's the ideas in the music that are dangerous.

"When you talk about people being dead if they're not white," said Shaw, "I don't think there is much question that that is hateful."

A Place to Call Home

Despite the success of Prussian Blue and bands like Max Resist within the White Nationalism movement, most Americans don't accept their racist message.

Like many children across the country, Lamb and Lynx decided to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina — the white ones.

The girls' donations were handed out by a White Nationalist organization who also left a pamphlet promoting their group and beliefs — some of the intended recipients were more than a little displeased.

After a day of trying, the supplies ended up with few takers, dumped at a local shop that sells Confederate memorabilia.

Last month, the girls were scheduled to perform at the local county fair in their hometown. But when some people in the community protested, Prussian Blue was removed from the line-up.

But even before that, April had decided that Bakersfield was not "white" enough, so she sold her home, and hopes that she and the girls can find an all-white community in the Pacific Northwest.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Young singers spread racist hate

The best part is, we can all just ignore them.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    The best part is, we can all just ignore them.
    Amen. I am sure their U.S. Tour (only Idaho's remote areas according to rumor) will be nothing special.

Nice mother that the girls have. With a mom like that, who needs enemies?

I keep realizing how naive I must be since I am continuously surprised by things like this over and over again. I guess I have successfully, up to this point, followed Johnny's advice and ignored them - something I must strive to continue to do.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

The "New" Bakersfield Sound.

Where are you Buck and Merl?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I bet my wife and I would be a popular couple at that concert.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I was at a buffet and a bus boy who was black stopped and asked to take our dishes, I agreed and my son said "thanks." Then I told him "He was a nice man wasnt he?" My sons response? "Yes...and very black..." Ahhh kids...

I have taught him that regardless of a persons physical color of their skin, they should get to know them personally before hating them. Just kidding... I didnt say that. LOL

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Kids will say some interesting things at times. When I was about three years old I let out a good one, although I don't remember it. I was at my grandparents' house in Kentucky and this house was one of those older houses with a nice big front porch. We would sit on that porch for hours in the summer. Some Jehovah's Witnesses came by to talk and one of them was black. Apparently the exchange was civil and everyone parted with smiles. After they left I looked at Grandpa and said, "He forgot to wash his face this morning."

So fast forward a few years. In 2001, I announced to the family that I was getting married to a black woman and I brought her to Grandma's house for Christmas that year. As soon as she had been properly introduced to everyone, Grandma proceeded to tell her the story I just related in this post. Grandma thought it was rather ironic that I would end up marrying a black woman after making that comment as a child.

While I can't condone the nonsense that these knucklehead teenyboppers are spewing why do they get the big abcnews spotlight and nobody says a word about the whitey hatin thugsta gangstas that talk about killin me and my momma cuz we's white?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint
    While I can't condone the nonsense that these knucklehead teenyboppers are spewing why do they get the big abcnews spotlight and nobody says a word about the whitey hatin thugsta gangstas that talk about killin me and my momma cuz we's white?
    Cause their lifestyle can't be packaged and sold to suburban white kids like rap is.

They're the consumers.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Okay,remember that twosome from the early nineties."Nelson"? That pic is what I imagine them looking like -preteen.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Hmmm... they're moving to the Pacific Northwest? The prospects of that occurring must be particularly thrilling for Pedro & WoY.

On another note: What's up with ABC News trying to charge a monthly fee to watch their "News on Demand" service? LOL, that's such garbage.

The day I pay a monthly fee to watch streaming news clips on the internet will be shortly preceded by hell freezing over. I find it difficult to believe that anyone would pay for such a mundane service when it is provided everywhere else for free?

Agreed, but no doubt, this will be perceived as worse. The world would be a much better place if neither were around.

I see plenty of people talking about "gangsta rap". Powerful people even, at times, usually politicians trying to make hay with family values folks.

The media has even whipped itself into a frenzy over it once or twice.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    I see plenty of people talking about "gangsta rap". Powerful people even, at times, usually politicians trying to make hay with family values folks.

The media has even whipped itself into a frenzy over it once or twice.
    True enough from time to time you will see a politician give it lip service. By and large though it just gets ignored in my opinion. Which may be better in a way. Quit giving the white nationalists and the whitey haters the attention they so desperately crave.

Turn Off Ads?