Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cross Your Fingers

Re: Cross Your Fingers

You didn't list us as a reference, did you? That'd get you the job, surely.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Should we all send our resumes?

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

i crossed all that i legally can
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Good luck, I hope you do great!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    You didn't list us as a reference, did you? That'd get you the job, surely.

No, But I should. The power of the people!! I love the comments. Helps keep this whole thing in perspective. Much appreciated.

I got an e-mail from the D-Rays yesterday. Looks like they are putting a lot of pieces to their puzzle together quickly. Hopefully, I will interview with them as well.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

That would be so cool...I really hope the D-Rays do soemthing...I lived down in the Tampa area when the team was introduced and the first 3 seasons...They are my AL team.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    Team Clark

I am on it...Good lick...HOW COOL!
    I won't go as far as Marty, but I will cross my fingers for you TC....

Good luck, just be yourself and tell them your story and what you can do for them. You can't control what they are looking for, but make sure they know what you have to offer. After that its out of your control. Good luck and congratulations.

Best of luck, TCII.

Best of luck to You!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Thanks all. Your finger crossing must really be working because a team I had desperately wanted to talk to called back this afternoon and asked if I had time to be on a conference call. 3 Hours later, it looks like I will get an offer by Thursday. I still have two interviews to go.

On a separate note I spoke at length with the Devil Rays this morning. They are not kidding around when it comes to righting the ship. I can tell you they are leaning towards Gerry Hunsicker as the GM. (This means nothing coming from me, just what I gathered) Fortunately, I know him pretty well and that carried some weight in my interview with them today. I was very impressed with their staff and will be in Tampa on Friday for a second interview.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    I won't go as far as Marty, but I will cross my fingers for you TC....
    Ummm...let me say that I would NEVER EVER go as far as wishing anybody "lick"...I have to slow down and type better.

Sorry for any mixed signals.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    Ummm...let me say that I would NEVER EVER go as far as wishing anybody "lick"...I have to slow down and type better.

Sorry for any mixed signals.
    C'mon now. I would wish you a lick... You mean you can't wish me a lick back? There goes your tickets!!!
    Cedric 3/24/08

Good luck Team Clark, hope you remembered to bring a binder with you to the interview

Of course, if you do get a ML job, you've got to tell us where you land.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    C'mon now. I would wish you a lick... You mean you can't wish me a lick back? There goes your tickets!!!
    Let me just say...I finished filming my first movie...due out in the spring (limited release) then national release in the summer...I could potentially score you tickets to the primere.

But as of this writing...NO LICKE Y

Turn Off Ads?