Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween!!

Future Reds All Star TeamMorris's Avatar

Happy Halloween!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL!!!
    Last edited by TeamMorris; 06-26-2006 at 01:56 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Happy Halloween!!

IMO most overrated adult holiday by far.

#2 for Kids though.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    IMO most overrated adult holiday by far.

#2 for Kids though.
    I'm with you there. I don't even do anything for it at all. Not having kids makes that easy. Of course I will also have my porch light off as well tonight. I'll just turn off all the lights and watch a movie or something.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    I'm with you there. I don't even do anything for it at all. Not having kids makes that easy. Of course I will also have my porch light off as well tonight. I'll just turn off all the lights and watch a movie or something.
    Not me I hand out the candy, check out the kids and eat a bunch myself too.

This year is the first year I won't be taking my kids out. My wife has always stayed home to pass out candy and I've always taken the kids out (mine and a few neighbor kids as well).

I've taken out my kids for the last 17 years so this is a rite of passage for Roy.

My youngest is in 7th grade and I told her a month or so back that if she wanted me to go, just ask. She has not yet and has made plans to go out with the neighborhood posse.

So the wife and I will uncork a bottle of wine, sit on the front porch, pass out candy, and talk about how time flies.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    So the wife and I will uncork a bottle of wine, sit on the front porch, pass out candy, and talk about how time flies.
    Easy on the wine, Roy...

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Man, when I was a kid...this meant scrambled eggs on your shutters fo sho.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

I agreed to let my wife take the kids around tonight, and I will stay home and pass out the candy. She's never taken them around, and really wants to. I felt guilty always being the one taking them around, so I agreed to let her do it this year.

To help out, I drew her up a map this morning on which direction they should go and approximately how much time they had to get from one house to the next if they wanted to hit the whole neighborhood, along with approximate times and landmarks to see if they were ahead of schedule or behind.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Easy on the wine, Roy...
    Beware of barking pumpkins...

Taking the kids around, there are houses where they handed out beers to dads. Usually Bud Lite or Miller Lite, but beggars can't be choosers.

One house serves witches brew. If you are "in the know", you get the leaded version of it with a healthy shot of Crown Royal in it. Roy had been know to make more than one stop there.

So I'll probably be more sober staying home.

Pay attention to the open sky

You mean to tell me you never went trick or treating as a kid? If the answer is yes, you missed out on a lot.

Next to Christmas, Halloween has always been my most fun holiday. I love opening the door to see all the costumes, especially the ones that the Moms (and some Dads) work so hard on.

Come on... give some candy to the kids.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 10-31-2005 at 08:07 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Hey, we got a first timer out here. C'mon, buddy do the right thing.

'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Great picture RL!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    You man to tell me you never went trick or treating as a kid? If the answer is yes, you missed out on a lot.

Next to Christmas, Halloween has always been my most fun holiday. I love opening the door to see all the costumes, especially the ones that the Moms (and some Dads) work so hard on.

I have to agree. The Holiday really is for kids. When living downtown Cincy I really missed handing out candy. Kids just don't come to apartment buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    I have to agree. The Holiday really is for kids. When living downtown Cincy I really missed handing out candy. Kids just don't come to apartment buildings.
    We used to hit the apartment buildings. You could get twenty doors in a fraction of the time you'd get through a neighborhood.
    Pots and Kettles

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    You mean to tell me you never went trick or treating as a kid? If the answer is yes, you missed out on a lot.

I went as a kid, and I'm not one of those people who is going to tell people they shouldn't because they're worshipping Satan or anything like that. OTOH as an adult without kids married to a woman who comes from a country that didn't observe the same traditions we do, it just doesn't do anything for me. I was in the attic putting in insulation right about the time the kids were coming around, but there aren't a lot of trick or treaters on my street anyway. Even if we had bought candy, we probably would have been stuck with most of it left over. Most of my neighbors had most of theirs left because there weren't that many kids coming by.

Turn Off Ads?