Turn Off Ads?

Thread: You can't make this kind of stuff up...

You can't make this kind of stuff up...

According to Nutt, Dick to replace Johnson against Cocks

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2208944

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Casey Dick, a freshman quarterback who's seen no action in Razorback games this year because he's been redshirted, will start for Arkansas against South Carolina on Saturday, coach Houston Nutt said.

The red shirt is coming off, Nutt said Sunday, because Dick has impressed his coaches with his passing in practices and has shown the skills to move the offense.

Robert Johnson started the first seven games for Arkansas this season. Nutt said he would take the blame for Johnson's struggles as signal-caller as the Razorbacks went 0-4 in the first half of their Southeastern Conference season, 2-5 overall.

"It's not that I'm saying it's Robert Johnson's fault," Nutt said. "Nothing could be further from the truth. Robert Johnson has done some good things for our program and he's still needed."

Nutt said Dick deserves a chance to show if he can spark the Razorback offense.

As a senior at Allen High School in Texas, Dick completed 133-of-248 passes for 14 touchdowns. He also rushed for 401 yards and eight touchdowns in his final high school year.

Nutt said Dick has thrown against the Arkansas defense all season in practice "and has done very, very well."

"He has a strong arm and good instincts," Nutt said. "It's hard to explain. He just has 'it.' He just seems to have a knack for making some plays and we're going to give him an opportunity."
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: You can't make this kind of stuff up...

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    According to Nutt, Dick to replace Johnson against Cocks

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2208944

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Casey Dick, a freshman quarterback who's seen no action in Razorback games this year because he's been redshirted, will start for Arkansas against South Carolina on Saturday, coach Houston Nutt said.

The red shirt is coming off, Nutt said Sunday, because Dick has impressed his coaches with his passing in practices and has shown the skills to move the offense.

Robert Johnson started the first seven games for Arkansas this season. Nutt said he would take the blame for Johnson's struggles as signal-caller as the Razorbacks went 0-4 in the first half of their Southeastern Conference season, 2-5 overall.

"It's not that I'm saying it's Robert Johnson's fault," Nutt said. "Nothing could be further from the truth. Robert Johnson has done some good things for our program and he's still needed."

Nutt said Dick deserves a chance to show if he can spark the Razorback offense.

As a senior at Allen High School in Texas, Dick completed 133-of-248 passes for 14 touchdowns. He also rushed for 401 yards and eight touchdowns in his final high school year.

Nutt said Dick has thrown against the Arkansas defense all season in practice "and has done very, very well."

"He has a strong arm and good instincts," Nutt said. "It's hard to explain. He just has 'it.' He just seems to have a knack for making some plays and we're going to give him an opportunity."

That is too funny. Sort of like Yankees roation at the end of this year - Small, Wang, Johnson
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

No word on Manpuul, their frosh kicker?

Go Gators!

I just came over here to post this same thing.

Classic! Simple as that.

I cannot stop laughing! Thanks for catching this one sava!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

We need Freud to explain this.

Turn Off Ads?