Turn Off Ads?

Thread: "your Name Here"

"your Name Here"

From today's LA Times:

Just when you think that sports teams have covered every possible inch of stadiums and arenas with advertising, they find another spot.

Foot Locker announced Tuesday that it has signed a one-year contract with the Lakers to advertise atop the mops that dry the court during games at Staples Center.

We're not making this up. And look for other teams to follow suit.

Kurt Robinson, founder of No Sweat Wipe, the Garden Grove company that makes the mop, said, "After people see it, we hope to go out and seek other deals."

The Lakers and No Sweat Wipe have a two-year, five-figure contract, with the second year still unsold. They will split the advertising revenue, meaning they've found a way to clean up while cleaning up.

Maybe ML Baseball will sell the rights to sculpt a companies' logo in the grass. Ideas?

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "your Name Here"

Maybe ML Baseball will sell the rights to sculpt a companies' logo in the grass. Ideas?
    When the Reds opened Redland Field (Crosley) the groundskeeper was Matty Schwab, who sculpted the mopund for the occasion to look like an Ace of Spades symbol.

For a Level Playing Field

My, oh my... nothing surprises me anymore. Advertising on a mop definitely sounds pretty stupid to me. However, I say more power to the guy/girl/organization who receives money for putting anything within reason on anyone/anything that is not permanent.

I just wish I was smart enough to come up with what seems like stupid ideas before someone else makes all the money on that stupid idea!! UGH!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

A couple years ago I heard something on tv about a network wanting to put a paid logo on the yellow stripe they superimpose on the screen to show the first down marker during football games. I never heard anything else about that since then and I don't think I've seen it done.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    A couple years ago I heard something on tv about a network wanting to put a paid logo on the yellow stripe they superimpose on the screen to show the first down marker during football games. I never heard anything else about that since then and I don't think I've seen it done.
    The networks had better not monk with the "divine yellow line." It is the single greatest invention of my lifetime....and I will defend her honor with the greatest fury.

Turn Off Ads?