Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else pre-ordered XBox 360?

Anybody else pre-ordered XBox 360?

I'm stoked. It's going to be sweet.

A total entertainment package, specifically designed to utilize HD, widescreen, and surround sound formats.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anybody else pre-ordered XBox 360?

I keep trying to win one with my Mt Dew lids. To no avail. Other than that small chance, the wife won't let me dole out the cash for one.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Nope...I still can't decide between the Xbox or braces for my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Nope...I still can't decide between the Xbox or braces for my daughter.
    LOL; c'mon Blimpie, that one's easy: Get the Xbox for yourself, get your daughter InvisaLine.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I had the Atari 2600 when it was new. That thing was state of the art.

I miss the Atari. I've had a jonesing to play Pitfall for a while, and Pac-Man too.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

A couple in my church still have their old Atari and the thing still works. We were over at their house a few months ago and we sat forever playing those old games. Surprisingly, they were still about as much fun as any of the new ones with the slick graphics. I like the realism of some of the new ones, but those were a blast. Either that or we were just being nostalgic.

Want to play the old games?
    That's a link for an Atari 2600 Emulator. That website has Emulators for everything from Gamecube to NES to 2600.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/a2600/z26.html

Here's a link where you can download ROM's which are the old games themselves. This is a good site that has an excellent compendium of games for just about every system imaginable.

http://www.rom-world.com

Just follow the read-me to use the software. Basically what you do is download the ROMs to the same folder that you unzip the Emulator to. When you want to play the specific game, you drag and drop the downloaded ROM onto the Emulator.exe icon which will then launch the game.

Pretty cool stuff.

I'll wait till it price drops in about a year, the ps2 is fine for me now
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'll wait to see where the better games go between PS3 and Xbox 360 before I make a purchase.

I definately perfer PS2 to Xbox, and unless I see something that wows me into changing my mind, I don't see me going Xbox 360 in this go-round.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor

I definately perfer PS2 to Xbox,
    I thought I was the only one. I am not what you would call a hard core gamer or anything like that, but I've always enjoyed the sports games as something of a diversion in the evenings. I used to keep a fair number of games on my computer at home, but I have an older computer and I was having problems with conflicts or some of the newer games running slow on my machine. So finally I decided that getting a console and not keeping a lot of games on my computer would be a good solution. I looked at the PS2 and the Xbox and decided on the PS2 just because I liked the controller a lot more. I know that the computer versions tend to be better than the console ones, but my computer is running a lot better right now without all of the games cluttering up the hard drive. When I get a new computer in the next year or so, maybe I'll put some of them back on there, but for now I'm sticking with the PS2.

What about the Nintendo Revolution? ability to play every old N64/Snes/NES game is a nice feature to me.
    Go Gators!

What about the Nintendo Revolution? ability to play every old N64/Snes/NES game is a nice feature to me.
    Sounds very intrigiung to me to, especially since nintendo trying to put themselves ontop of the market again since being blown away by the PS 2 and X Box.

Revolution:

X Box 360:

Here's a question for those who are in the know: as I understand it there are different price levels for the Xbox360. You can add on extra stuff depending on what you want and don't want. If I buy the base "package" will I be able to play old Xbox games on it? I thought I had read somewhere that in order to do that it would cost an extra $100 and I was curious if anyone knew if that was true or not. If it is I may just wait until the price drops on the original Xbox and get one of those.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan
    Here's a question for those who are in the know: as I understand it there are different price levels for the Xbox360. You can add on extra stuff depending on what you want and don't want. If I buy the base "package" will I be able to play old Xbox games on it? I thought I had read somewhere that in order to do that it would cost an extra $100 and I was curious if anyone knew if that was true or not. If it is I may just wait until the price drops on the original Xbox and get one of those.
    If you want to play old XBox games on the 360 you have to equip it with the additional hard drive, which is an additional hundred bones.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?