Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Castellini group expected to buy Reds

Re: Castellini group expected to buy Reds

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    It would really show their marketing savy if they were to get in touch with the premier Reds messageboard on the internet and say hello.
    ... and it would really show their baseball savvy if they let us tell them what to do.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    It would really show their marketing savy if they were to get in touch with the premier Reds messageboard on the internet and say hello.

Or respond to an overture from said board, once the deal is announced.

Let's hope to gawd or whomever that they pay more attention than the past regime.

They'd be wise to have guys with their butts planted in front of this board five hours a day at least.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

If Lindner gives up his controlling interest over the team and the new ownership group hires DePodesta..... I honestly would not feel worthy to receive any other Christmas gifts this year.

Is the Dark Ages finally over for us Reds fans?

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Let's hope to gawd or whomever that they pay more attention than the past regime.

They'd be wise to have guys with their butts planted in front of this board five hours a day at least.

Let's make them a moderator, and kill two birds with one stone.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

So, it's well past 4 p.m. and no press release yet (or at least none on the official team site). Can't believe I'm jazzed to see a press release.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Posted on RedsLive.

The Cincinnati Reds, LLC, the entity which owns the Cincinnati Reds Major League Baseball franchise, today announced that its owners intend to sell a controlling interest in the Club to a group of Cincinnatians led by Robert H. Castellini, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Castellini Company. Other members of the purchasing group include Thomas L. Williams and William J. Williams, Jr., President and Chairman, respectively, of Cincinnati-based North American Properties. The purchase price of the interests sold will be based on an enterprise value for the Club of approximately $270 million. Upon consummation of the transaction, it is expected that Mr. Castellini will become the CEO of the Reds.
    Several of the existing owners, including Reds’ Chief Executive Officer Carl H. Lindner, George L. Strike, and William J. Reik, Jr., intend to retain an interest in the Club. The owners of the Club who intend to sell all their current interests are Great American Insurance Company and a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc.
    Mr. Castellini stated that, "Carl has meant so much to the Reds and the City of Cincinnati. As such, we are thrilled that he has agreed to continue his association with the Club as a significant partner in our ownership group. I look forward to finalizing the agreement and submitting our group for MLB approval in the very near future as we are very excited about this opportunity and are eager to get started on the work ahead."
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Okay, so I need someone smarter than me to answer this (that means everyone):

Is there any reason to believe that the new owners will let DanO live out his contract?

Will a new ownership group have time to immediately fire the GM, hold interviews, and hire a new one?

Okay, so I need someone smarter than me to answer this (that means everyone):
    maybe not, Mr Freeze has shown up on the other board.

"Fire 'em all, Fire 'em all, the long and the short and the tall."
    "Fire all the GMs and the CFO ones, Fire all scouts and their blinking sons"
    "For we're saying good-bye to them all as back to GABP we crawl"

You'll have to do the melody on your own.

Is there any reason to believe that the new owners will let DanO live out his contract?

Will a new ownership group have time to immediately fire the GM, hold interviews, and hire a new one?
    1) Anything could happen, but why buy a baseball team and not install your own regime? It's like getting yourself a basketball and not bouncing it.

2) Depends on Castellini's defintion of "time." They say there's no time like the present. Hopefully this is put to bed by the owners meeting in early December and that should afford the club plenty of time to swap out execs and make something of the offseason.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    maybe not, Mr Freeze has shown up on the other board.
    Who's Mr Freeze?

Who's Mr Freeze?
    Hint ... his number is very cold.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    1) Anything could happen, but why buy a baseball team and not install your own regime? It's like getting yourself a basketball and not bouncing it.

2) Depends on Castellini's defintion of "time." They say there's no time like the present. Hopefully this is put to bed by the owners meeting in early December and that should afford the club plenty of time to swap out execs and make something of the offseason.
    This is actually my thinking as well, but I just wanted to give someone the chance to temper my enthusiasm a bit.

Yipee!!!!

Like many have stated, we need to clean house. I would be gitty if we went out a got Theo/Lou, I doubt that happens though.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    There might be one critical difference though, a generational one. If these guys are local and they're baseball fans then they've got the BRM burned into their brains. It's a strong imprint leading to a lofty expectation level. Carl never had it. I get the distinct impression the BRM was never anything more than cocktail party fodder to him, but if these guys were good-to-great fans of that club it would be an inoculation against terminal blandness.
    I hope so. But if these guys are indicitive of your average millionaire here they are conservative (both socially and politically). They may have been big fans of the BRM but that may mean they think things were better back in the "good old days". They may think DanO is a hoot and John Allen is just the man to keep the franchise running like clockwork. I hope I'm wrong but I think it's more of Meet the new boss... Same as the old boss.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?