Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High School Football Playoffs?

High School Football Playoffs?

Im just wandering if any of your guys' teams made it?
    I go to Mechanicsburg, we went 10-0, first time in history, but we have made the playoffs 7 out of 8 years, we play Maria stein marion local sat at 7
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: High School Football Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    Im just wandering if any of your guys' teams made it?
    I go to Mechanicsburg, we went 10-0, first time in history, but we have made the playoffs 7 out of 8 years, we play Maria stein marion local sat at 7

Good luck to you guys. The MAC is perenially the toughest small school conference in the state. Marion Local is down a little bit this year but they've had alot of success in the past and are battle tested. Don't let that 7-3 record and #8 seed fool you.

Marion's three losses are all to tournament teams (Versailles, Coldwater and Delphos St. John's). The winner of this game gets Delphos (Covington will make their annual first round exit).
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-04-2005 at 01:36 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

They play good football up in that neck of the woods. Good luck to all the teams.

Mason is hosting the Colerain-Glen Este game. We're about equi-distant between Glen Este and Colerain. They're expecting 8000+ fans at the game (SRO). My wife and I are working the concession stand. Wish us luck.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Centerville plays Northmont tomorrow night.

Elk Pride.

Huzzah!
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Centerville plays Northmont tomorrow night.

Elk Pride.

Huzzah!
    I kinda like that they play Northmont in something other than soccer these days. I also remember the schools used to not get along, I wonder if it has changed now that they are in the same league.

Elks Pride from '95

Mariemont at Valley View.. Go Warriors

Go Bellevue
    Go Gators!

Hillsboro at Columbus DeSales. Go Hillsboro! Although it'll probably get ugly, I've heard that DeSales dresses 92 kids, and this is D-III we're talking about.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Wyoming vs. Clinton Massie...go Cowboys

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    I kinda like that they play Northmont in something other than soccer these days. I also remember the schools used to not get along, I wonder if it has changed now that they are in the same league.

Elks Pride from '95
    Elk pride, Red Leader & Lincolnpark? Let's go Thunderbolts!!!! Oh.... I am a Northmont alum. You'd think Centerville should roll as they beat Northmont earlier at Northmont this season.

Back in the days when I was in HS, Centerville and Northmont were no longer allowed to play each other in soccer unless it was in the playoffs. It all stemmed from a game in 1983 that was called with 20:00 still left to play... b/c of all the fights (on the field and in the stands). Both teams were the top-dogs in Dayton (and Ohio) in soccer, but it just fueled the rivalry. North vs. South, etc, etc. All silliness really.

Columbus Grove (OH) missed out by 0.05!!!! We won state 2 years ago.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

WAGS

here in texas its a big deal

my hs is like 7-2 and the final game is tonight, we clinched a first round birthe last week.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

My home county, Licking County is well represented this year with three teams: Div I Newark is making its first playoff appearance since 1975; Div III Hanover Licking Valley is making its third or fourth playoffs since the turn of the century and in Div VI, Newark Catholic is making its 28th playoff appearance overall. I'll root for all 3 of 'em!

A couple of other Licking County teams finished 9th in their region or it would have been a banner year for playoff football there.

gc, it seems like here in Texas, they're playing HS football until Christmas. I can't get used to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    My home county, Licking County is well represented this year with three teams: Div I Newark is making its first playoff appearance since 1975; Div III Hanover Licking Valley is making its third or fourth playoffs since the turn of the century and in Div VI, Newark Catholic is making its 28th playoff appearance overall. I'll root for all 3 of 'em!

A couple of other Licking County teams finished 9th in their region or it would have been a banner year for playoff football there.

gc, it seems like here in Texas, they're playing HS football until Christmas. I can't get used to that.
    I'll be at the Newark game tomorrow night. A friend of mine coaches for Gahanna.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

My alma mater, Kings, recieved a home game versus Dayton Carroll. It will be the first game in our name stadium that was built after lead was found and needed to be removed per Federal Gov't. The Enquirer had a stroy in today's paper of the game and recent football success, that was built during my time there ('97-'01).

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...40399/1068/SPT
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

Turn Off Ads?