Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High School Football Playoffs?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: High School Football Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    I'll be at the Newark game tomorrow night. A friend of mine coaches for Gahanna.
    Lucky you... I'd definitely go see that game if I was there.

Strange situation for those two teams, playing each other two weeks in a row. From what I've read, the Gahanna team was strong early in the season, but they've struggled in the last few weeks. Newark should bring plenty of fans, since it's a short trip and they've been waiting 30 years to return to the playoffs.

I'm listening to the Licking Valley game right now on what may be the worst streaming feed I've ever heard. (On for 10 seconds, off for 5 seconds, over and over again.) Plus, every other commercial is for a crematorium in Dover.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My alma mater, Fairfield, is probably going to get slaughtered by St. X. Although, they have won 8 in a row losing only to Wayne and Centerville the first two games of the year, and not by much. Who knows.

I think Colerain is going to win state again. If they played St. X in a rematch I think they'd get the better of them this time.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

West Virginia native here, so I don't have a horse in theis race. I teach for a school that sends a lot of kids to St Xavier and I live in Fairfield so I'm kind of interested in that game (my wife is a Fairfield alum as well). My alma mater in West Virginia--Williamstown--just broke the state record with their 45th consecutive regular season win. If they beat Parkersburg Catholic tonight they complete their 4th consecutive undefeated season and wrap up the #1 ranking.

What year for your wife? And where in FF do you live. I lived there almost my entire life. I moved last summer.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    What year for your wife? And where in FF do you live. I lived there almost my entire life. I moved last summer.
    My wife graduated in '97. We currently live in Timber Hollow just off of Mack/Gilmore/whatever they call it at that point. We moved here from Columbus in August and decided to rent for a while before buying again; you can't beat living less than a mile from Jungle Jim's!

She's a little younger than me (about 5 years). Any older siblings?

My wife and I lived in Timber Hollow the first few months after we were married. I lived there for about 5 months before we were married. Nice place, we liked it. That puts you right across the street from the jail, er...new high school. And I REALLY miss Jungle Jims. It's the best grocery store I've ever been to. I went there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    She's a little younger than me (about 5 years). Any older siblings?

My wife and I lived in Timber Hollow the first few months after we were married. I lived there for about 5 months before we were married. Nice place, we liked it. That puts you right across the street from the jail, er...new high school. And I REALLY miss Jungle Jims. It's the best grocery store I've ever been to. I went there all the time.
    Nope, no older siblings...just two younger brothers. You're totally right about the high school: it looks like a gigantic prison. I swear southwest Ohio builds schools that look like jails and jails that look like schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    They play good football up in that neck of the woods. Good luck to all the teams.

Mason is hosting the Colerain-Glen Este game. We're about equi-distant between Glen Este and Colerain. They're expecting 8000+ fans at the game (SRO). My wife and I are working the concession stand. Wish us luck.

Good Luck Roy, and Go Trojans! Hate to go against the alma mater, but I wouldn't take GE plus 35 at this point. GE is by far the smallest D-I team in the area.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Friday, December 2
    Division III - 11:00 a.m. - Massillon
    15-0 Steubenville def. 10-5 Columbus St. Francis DeSales
    Final Score: 28-7

Division V - 3:00 p.m. - Canton
    15-0 Hamler Patrick Henry def. 14-1 Cincinnati Hills Christian Acad.
    Final Score: 42-30

Division II - 7:00 p.m. - Massillon
    14-1 Toledo Central Catholic def. 14-1 Canfield
    Final Score: 31-29

Saturday, December 3
    Division IV - 11:00 a.m. - Canton
    15-0 Coldwater def. 12-3 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney
    Final Score : 33 -9

Division VI - 3:00 p.m. - Massillon
    13-2 Delphos St. John's def. 11-4 Steubenville Catholic Central
    Final Score: 28-0

Division I - 7:00 p.m. - Canton
    15-0 Cincinnati St. Xavier def. 13-2 Massillon Washington
    Final Score: 24-17

Congrats to St. X for their first state title and to the MAC for yet another two state titles.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Grrr at Paint

Newport Central Catholic defeated Mayfield 42-7 to win the Kentucky 1A championship
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Grrr at Paint

Newport Central Catholic defeated Mayfield 42-7 to win the Kentucky 1A championship
    Sorry, I only checked the ohio HS scores.

Congrats to Newport CC too.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Grrr at Paint

No Beechwood or Highlands and NKY still got them a title.

In other KY scores:

Trinty upset St. X in 4A

Lex Cath finally got their title in the Boyle/Highlands league, or as some others know it, 3A.

Don't have a clue about 2A

All 3 of those are privates as well. Unfortunately, the publics are getting more fuel.
    Last edited by kyred14; 12-04-2005 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    West Virginia native here, so I don't have a horse in theis race. I teach for a school that sends a lot of kids to St Xavier and I live in Fairfield so I'm kind of interested in that game (my wife is a Fairfield alum as well). My alma mater in West Virginia--Williamstown--just broke the state record with their 45th consecutive regular season win. If they beat Parkersburg Catholic tonight they complete their 4th consecutive undefeated season and wrap up the #1 ranking.
    Williamstown lost to Wheeling Central in the championship 35-20 last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Williamstown lost to Wheeling Central in the championship 35-20 last night.

I know; I'm sick and tired of losing in Wheeling. They should just rename the State Title game "Yellowjackets vs. New State Champs" from now on. Does anyone know what the West Virginia state record for most consecutive title games lost is? Grrrr...I'm getting tired of going undefeated only to lose in the finals.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Impressive showing by the city of Steubenville (pop. ~20,000), getting 2 teams to the finals.

I'd like to think that D-VI SCC left a lot on the field after last week's close win vs. Newark Catholic. The Steubenville Big Red impressively rolled up Licking Valley a couple of weeks ago.

Here in Texas, there are 2 more weeks of HS playoff football.

Turn Off Ads?