Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Who Would You Start?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Another Who Would You Start?

Alright, a WR question.

TJ Houshmandzadeh at Baltimore

OR

This Roby kid from Tennessee at Cleveland.
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Another Who Would You Start?

Houshmandzadeh. I'm not saying that because he's a Bengal....when he plays, he produces.

How bout Willie Parker @ GB or Larry Johnson vs. Oakland? I think it looks like Priest Holmes and Jerome Bettis aren't going to play. I'm leaning towards Johnson. What do you think?

I'd say Johnson, but either would probably be successful

Always start TJ, he is Palmers favorite target every game he plays. He destroys team in the slot.

Johnson is a must start now that Priest is out. He'll get 20+ carries and probably go for 110+ and at least 1 TD.
    Matta = Really good

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Always start TJ, he is Palmers favorite target every game he plays. He destroys team in the slot.

Johnson is a must start now that Priest is out. He'll get 20+ carries and probably go for 110+ and at least 1 TD.
    Johnson goes for 22-107-2. TJ outperforms Roby.

I do so well helping other people, but my teams always have some crap happen to them. It's getting old.

Injuries on my big money team:

Duece
    Javon Walker
    Julius Jones
    Marc Bulger

Anyways, hopefully you started LJ Dom.
    Matta = Really good

Note:

Don't start TJ this week...I don't see him getting many yards

I don't want it to sound like I'm "happy" about anyone being out for the season, or possibly done with a career, but damn, Priest Holmes going down for the count might have just won me $100. (Thanks Larry Johnson, do me proud.)

Anyways, hopefully you started LJ Dom.
    I did start TJ, so thanks a lot.

I have two more for you then this week, see if you can make me 9-1:

QB:
    Favre @ Atlanta
    Bledsoe@Philly
    or
    Plummer@ Oakland

And at WR:

Rod Smith@Oak
    Reggie Brown vs. Dallas
    Terry Glenn@Phi
    or
    Brain Finneran vs. GB

I have Marvin Harrison as my other WR

I am leaning towards Plummer or Favre and Finneran, but give it to me straight.
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

I like Rod Smith or Reggie Brown. Brown is unproven, but the Eagles offense is pass, pass, pass, run once, pass, pass...

Smith is the safe pick. Brown is high risk, high reward.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    QB:
    Favre @ Atlanta
    Bledsoe@Philly
    or
    Plummer@ Oakland

And at WR:

Rod Smith@Oak
    Reggie Brown vs. Dallas
    Terry Glenn@Phi
    or
    Brain Finneran vs. GB
    I'd start Plummer over Favre and Bledsoe. Plummer should get at least 1 TD and probably 200+ yds against Oak. In basic scoring leagues, that's 14+ points. Plus you always have the chance of him scoring on the ground.

Favre doesn't have enough weapons to make him a worthy start anymore. Bledsoe wouldn't be a bad start either this week. Philly will not give up a lot on the ground, but their secondary is shaky.

As far as WRs go, I never start any WR that has Vick throwing to them. Glenn has really fallen off the last few weeks, so I would avoid him, so that would leave Brown and Smith.

Brown had a good 1st start, but really it was only 1 blown coverage TD that made him have a nice game. As well, Dallas has a very good D. So, with Plummer starting, I'd take the double points and start Harrison and Rod Smith.
    Matta = Really good

I figure since we're asking, I'll throw a WDIS question out there.

RBs

Julius Jones vs Philly

or

Ronnie Brown vs NE

My other starter is LaMont Jordan. Thoughts? Currently I have Jones starting.
    Last edited by Buckeye33; 11-10-2005 at 05:19 PM.
    Matta = Really good

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    So, with Plummer starting, I'd take the double points and start Harrison and Rod Smith.
    Anyone else have any questions? I seem to be doing well with Redszone fantasy football questions over the last few weeks...And I actually won my game. I'm in shock.
    Matta = Really good

Alright here it goes, again:

Favre vs. Min
    Plummer vs. NYJ
    or
    Bledsoe vs. Det

WR:

Glenn vs. Det
    R. Smith vs. NYJ
    or
    Houshmandzadeh

Stick with Plummer as your QB. The Jets O is so putrid that Plummer should have a few extra series this week. He is better than Favre and Bledsoe. Especially Bledsoe, the Dallas O isn't what it was at the beginning of the season.

As far as WRs, I assume you need to start 2, so I would go with Smith and TJ. TJ is going to catch 5-10 balls this week vs Indy. Glenn got a garbage time TD when Philly was in a prevent D last Monday night so I'm still staying away from him. Smith isn't a stud WR anymore, but he seems to be the WR Plummer looks to in the redzone.

If you only have to start 1 WR, I personally would go with TJ. 100% TJ if it is a point per reception league.

Good luck!
    Matta = Really good

Turn Off Ads?