(ESPN news and ESPN.com reporting)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: T.O. suspended indefinitely

Eagles will be better off.
    Go Gators!

$100 Million talent.

1 cent brain.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

In related news, ESPN has announced the launch of it's new TOPN offering.

"The TOProgrammingNetwork was a no brainer" said an unnamed ESPN executive. "We've already got months of footage in our archives. It's sports, drama, soap opera, talk, and comedy all rolled into one yapping tsunami".
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Hey TO, how's that decision to hire Drew Rosenahus working for you? Not just in salary, but in overall image.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

and TO laughs...all the way to the bank. he will get what he wants, just watch.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Eagles will be better off.
    You mean just like the Vikings got better after Randy Moss left?

T.O. might be a giant distraction, but he's an amazing football player and a difference-maker on Sundays. You can't just remove a component of a team like T.O. and expect to be as effective on offense.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

When does his attitude over shadow his talent? I think that point was reached this off season, I don't think they will ever win a SB with a guy like him around so why keep him?
    Go Gators!

I'll take T.O. in Cleveland every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Now you just need a QB to throw it to him
    Go Gators!

got alil captain in u?

As a cowboy fan i couldn't be happier with mr.owens big mouth he should do this more often

TO pushes the argument between "win at all costs" vs. the old school values of sportsmanship to it's outer limits.

It seems sad to me that we don't seem to care at all about the concept of sportsmanship. In fact, it's laughed at. I'm sure my raising the issue will be laughed at.

Win at all costs. That's all that matters now. To me, that's very sad.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Lack of sportsmanship is one of the main reasons I can't watch the NBA anymore. And it's incredibly irritating in the NFL as well. A guy makes a good hit and he's in the face of his opponent. I guy makes a measly 12 yard run and he's showboating like he just won the super bowl. I hate it. I still believe in the value of sportsmanship.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

This should cost him some endorsement bucks. Maybe that'll shut him up?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I wouldn't. He's a cancer. Just as this current situation shows - he's all about recognition of personal accomplishments with him (translation? = super ego and a BIG mouth). He would never be able to get along with other talented receivers on a team who he feels is getting 'his" throws from the QB.

In Cleveland - Edwards is gonna be fine. And so is Bryant. So will Winslow once we get him back and keep him from riding his motorcycle up/dpwn stairs. I emailed management and told them to get him a Big Wheel.

We have to get Frye in there as QB to see what we have. This kid has an accurate arm and had a solid pre-season. But it will also determine what direction we need to go in the next draft. QB? Linebacker?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?