Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T.O. suspended indefinitely

Re: T.O. suspended indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    This should cost him some endorsement bucks. Maybe that'll shut him up?
    It would take one of these....

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hate to use the words "head case" for athletes cause I know it's thrown around a lot and a lot of people who are labeled as such aren't really. That said, TO is a huge head case. The man is never happy. He wasn't happy in SF with Jeff Garcia throwing to him, he didn't want to go to BAL cause he wanted to go to Philly and play with McNabb so much now he doesn't like McNabb. The only way you are going to shut this guy up - besides GAC's favorite marital aid - is to throw the ball to him 30-40 times a game. I'm sure he'll land somewhere - OAK if they have the cap room - but look at the Eagles this year and they have lost despite having him in the lineup every week. There are going to be a lot of teams out there who are going to look at him and wonder if he's worth the trouble. He has said he wants to go home to ATL and play with Mike Vick. What happens when Vick can't get him the ball enough or if Vick runs with the ball if TO is covered? Sure as I'm sitting here he'll throw Vick under the bus too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

About the only time I watch ESPN (other than live events) is Sunday. For 4 freakin' hours it's been nothing but all about that google-eyed, self-important jackass,with the odd college football thrown in every half hour or so. Keep feeding the monster ESPN...you putzes. That network is positively useless anymore,I swear.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I'm sure he'll land somewhere - OAK if they have the cap room
    I'm having a hard time seeing T.O. and Moss co-existing on the same team.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I'm having a hard time seeing T.O. and Moss co-existing on the same team.
    Maybe they will fight to the death
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    The NFL would have to put that on pay-per-view.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Speak of the devil...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2215718

It might not have been just Terrell Owens' fighting words that led to his suspension from the Eagles.

It seems a fistfight also contributed to his being banished indefinitely.

TO SPEAKS OUT

Excerpts from Graham Bensinger's exclusive interview with Terrell Owens for ESPN.com:
    Owens talks about ...
    • How Donovan McNabb's struggles have affected the Eagles
    • Playing hurt in the Super Bowl and a secret waiver
    • Interview transcript
    Owens got into a fight on Wednesday with former Eagles defensive end and current team ambassador Hugh Douglas, the Trenton Times reported and ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirmed Sunday.

A team source told Mortensen that Douglas, whose post with the Eagles he re-titled "bad-ass-ador," entered the team's training room Wednesday and announced "I know there are people in here faking injuries." The comment apparently led to the scrum between Owens and Douglas.

One source told the Times the fight "was like WWE Smackdown." Another source told the paper both Douglas and Owens threw at least two punches before Owens challenged quarterback Donovan McNabb and then everyone else in the room, saying "You want some? Anyone else want some?"

The scrap is just another incident in a week of unrest that led to Owens being suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team on Saturday.

Early in the week, Owens apprised Philadelphia officials that he had sprained his ankle in last Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos, and might require some time off. One day later, he was back at practice and seemingly prepared to play against the Redskins.

On Thursday, Owens blasted McNabb and the organization in an ESPN.com interview which spurred a Friday meeting with Eagles coach Andy Reid.

On Friday, Mortensen reports, Reid gave Owens three stipulations: Apologize to the organization, the team and to McNabb.

McNabb told ESPN's Suzy Kolber he called a team meeting Friday, which Owens attended, to discuss the team's unrest and pronounced to all, looking at T.O. directly, "You're either with me or against me."

Owens' apologies in private to the club and in public on Friday apparently did not meet Reid's standards and T.O. was suspended on Saturday.

According to the paper, Owens and Douglas have been at odds since training camp where they almost got into an altercation in an elevator at Lehigh University. Douglas was among the few players to publicly say Owens should honor his current contract when T.O. demanded a new one this past offseason.

The Eagles declined to comment about the bout.

In seven games this season, Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six touchdowns.

This is the second time Owens has been suspended during his controversial 10-year career. While a 49er in 2000, he was suspended one game by San Francisco coach Steve Mariucci following his touchdown celebrations on the Cowboys' star logo at the center of Texas Stadium.

Information from ESPN.com senior NFL writer Len Pasquarelli and The Associated Press was used this report. To check out Len's chat archive, click here .
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I thought I heard during today's Bengals game that he isn't suspended for tonight's game, but that he will probably not be called on to play. The coach wants to keep his options open. Or is that the way it was all along? The suspension was by the team and not NFL?

I can't seem to find this in writing. Did anyone else hear it?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2214754

He's was suspended immediately, he won't even be at the stadium tonight.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Lack of sportsmanship is one of the main reasons I can't watch the NBA anymore. And it's incredibly irritating in the NFL as well. A guy makes a good hit and he's in the face of his opponent. I guy makes a measly 12 yard run and he's showboating like he just won the super bowl. I hate it. I still believe in the value of sportsmanship.
    You hit the nail on the head squarely for me there Mike. I haven't watched the NBA since guys like Lew Alcindor, Willis Reed, and Walt Frazier retired.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

cage match. I'd almost pay to see that!

Retired

TO is done for the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2216703

Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens won't return to the Philadelphia Eagles this season, coach Andy Reid said Monday.

The outspoken star receiver was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate Owens for the rest of the season.

"The league has been notified by the players' union that they will be grieving our right to take that action," Reid said, "therefore there is nothing more that I can say at this point."

Owens was suspended over the weekend following a tumultuous week in which he criticized the club, fought with a former teammate and took another verbal shot at quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"I do want it to be clear that this decision is a result of a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time," Reid said.

Owens "had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said. "We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome."

Owens was suspended Saturday, two days after he said the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch in a game on Oct. 23. In the same interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens said the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback.

Owens was involved in a fight last week with former Eagles defensive end Hugh Douglas, who remains with the team as its "ambassador."

McNabb, who feuded with Owens throughout the summer and has been a constant target of his criticism, finally took a stand in the matter, saying the Eagles might be "better off" without Owens.

"Obviously it is tough losing a guy of his caliber, his ability, but I think we might be better off," McNabb said after throwing an interception that sealed the loss to Washington. "I think what we did tonight, we showed that we played well together. I think we also showed that when given the opportunity, guys can make plays for us. We're 4-4. We're not 1-7. I think that's the way to look at it. For the guys in the locker room, we win together and we lose together."

Terry Bradshaw talked about this on the Fox Pregame show. Apparently, T.O. didn't have shoes on in the training room and the floor was slippery. After fighting with Douglas for a few minutes, he ran to his locker, threw on some shoes, and then came back to the training room and challenged everyone to get a piece of him.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Maybe the bengals can trade for him
    Go Gators!

Spoke to a co-worker in PA, said the local buzz is they will suspend him for 4 games then "Keyshawn" him.

Turn Off Ads?