Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bengals v. Bird-Flu Propagators Game Thread

Re: Bengals v. Bird-Flu Propagators Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Carson Palmer may be the best quarterback in the NFL not named Manning.
    Make that not named PEYTON Manning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bengal defense has played pretty nasty today. I like it.

I know it's the Ravens; but still, I like the emerging nastiness of this D.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Make that not named PEYTON Manning
    That's what I meant. Eli is good but not on the Peyton or Carson level...yet.

Personally I think Billick should have stuck with Kordell.

Anthony Wright is hobbling out there.

21-9 Final.

Bengals into the bye week 7-2.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

NICE WIN BENGALS.

who dey

Let's get everybody healthy on the bye week and get fully prepared for Indy!!

I must admit (and I don't notice this unless it's blatant), I thought the announcers were for the Ravens in a big big way. They weren't really anti Bengals, but they were DEFINITELY pro Ravens.

Also, IMHO, I thought T.J.'s TD was good. He may not have pulled the ball into his chest, but he had control of the ball.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I must admit (and I don't notice this unless it's blatant), I thought the announcers were for the Ravens in a big big way. They weren't really anti Bengals, but they were DEFINITELY pro Ravens.

Also, IMHO, I thought T.J.'s TD was good. He may not have pulled the ball into his chest, but he had control of the ball.
    Yep, it was a TD. It really wasn't even debatable.

If the national media isn't excited about this team, they never will be. It's an electric team. Enjoy it, Cincinnatians. The landscape in the NFL changes all the time, so hope they have a winning formula--this is a pretty great team. Second only to the Steelers in all of the NFL, IMO.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I've had a feeling all week the Bengals are going to play badly today and lose handily. Hope I'm wrong.
    Good to see your double reverse whammy mojo is back in effect.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

As I said earlier in the week, without Ray Lewis my confidence level shot up. Even at 3-0, I never thought this game was in doubt just because they stopped Jamal Lewis on his first few carries. Looks like the Ratbirds are playing for a high draft choice, maybe they can beat the Squealers for an upset here in a couple of weeks to help us win the division. I would imagine Billick may be wearing out his welcome also. To all that, boo hoo

Rudi had one of his best games of the year, got the tough yards on some 3rd & 1's today. Again, no Ray Lewis, no emotion from the Ratbirds D.

The one thing that the Bengals still need to learn is putting a team away when the blood is in the water. Like WilyMoRocks pointed out, in the first half back to back stupid penalties took a team that was ready to implode and woke them up. The QB was cussing and carrying on about taking a TO right after they ran some dog plays, the crowd was booing, so what do we do? That stupid D holding call and a roughing the QB. We just kept circling the wagons (metaphors, get your metaphors here) but never went for the kill until we finally convert that 3rd and 1 at the end to officially, yes one more, drive the final nail in the coffin.

Yes, announcers continue to ho hum the 7-2 Bengals and scream like HS cheerleaders when their opponent makes a play. Heck, they were jumping up and down in the booth on an incompletion on the failed flea flicker as if something great had happened. That was the worst example of homerism to me. Oh well, their loss.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Here's my game report. I was there and saw quite a few other fellow Orange and Black faithful. I saw a couple of guys with Bengal jerseys and Reds hats!

If anyone has the chance to see a game at M & T stadium in Baltimore, do it. It is a great field (It blows away Fedex field 30 minutes away).

The Bengals played fairly well (as anyone reading this knows), but the Ravens really played awful. In the fourth quarter, when they had the ball within 50 yards of the endzone, they played without any urgency and only ended up with 3 points, blowing their chance to get back into the game and getting the momentum on their side.

I thought the overturned TD call was wrong--the Bengals had possession (and Billick only challenged when he saw the replay on the scoreboard about 10 times). Of course, the Bengals also got a break on the fumble that the ref called dead (because the play probably wasn't over--but the whistles stopped the play regardless of what the Ravens think).

Overall, it was nice to see the Bengals play well in Baltimore. I think the last time I saw them was the debacle (in '01?) when the Akili Smith led Bengals lost something like 36-0 and Coslet got fired right after. Today was much better, and the only coach anyone is talking about being fired is Brian Billick (oh yeah, the Baltimore talk stations were riding that horse into tonight's sunset).

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Good to see your double reverse whammy mojo is back in effect.
    It only works when I really believe it. And the sad thing is, there's a part of that still believes that Bengals are going to screw up and wind up not making the playoffs.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    It only works when I really believe it. And the sad thing is, there's a part of that still believes that Bengals are going to screw up and wind up not making the playoffs.
    Nah, they play the Lions and the Browns..those are guaranteed wins
    Go Gators!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

You know the announcer bias is bad when my wife notices it. She wasn't watching most of the game with me, but came into the room and sat on the couch for part of the third quarter. She asked me if those were the Baltimore announcers and when I told her that they were network guys she asked me if the network guys were supposed to root for one team over the other. If my non sports fan wife noticed...

OTOH, good game by the Bengals. A couple thoughts. Henry caught that ball, no matter what the official said after the challenge. Also, the whistle might have been quick on that fumble recovery, but I had the impression on that play that the Bengal players gave up on the play when they heard the whistle. I don't think that player would have made the endzone if the whistle hadn't blown, so I do agree with the call on that play.

Turn Off Ads?