Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bengals v. Bird-Flu Propagators Game Thread

Re: Bengals v. Bird-Flu Propagators Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Nah, they play the Lions and the Browns..those are guaranteed wins
    Yea, today was a big one because it lessens the impact that a loss against Indy and/or the Squealers could have. The schedule is still in the Bengals favor. Hopefully they won't lay an egg in two weeks agains the Colts like that debacle against Pittsburgh.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Also, the whistle might have been quick on that fumble recovery, but I had the impression on that play that the Bengal players gave up on the play when they heard the whistle. I don't think that player would have made the endzone if the whistle hadn't blown, so I do agree with the call on that play.
    Thank you. I screamed something similar to TeamCasey (who I don't think was watching the game) after the announcers kept saying repeatedly that the officiating has gone against the Ravens all season, including today when the touchdown was taken away due to an "inadvertent" whistle. The Bengals stopped when the whistle was blown; the Ravens didn't. Their comments ticked me off.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

7-2, seven games to go and four of them are at home. A 4-3 finish will get the Bengals in for the first time in over a decade.

Remaining schedule:
    Indy
    Balt
    @Pitt
    Clev
    @Det
    Buf
    @KC

A 4-3 finish should almost be looked at as worse case scenario.

The common denominator in the anti-Bengal broadcasting seems to be Steve Tasker. For whatever reason the former Buffalo Bill special teamer seems to really have a thing for us. It must really keep him awake at night to think that no matter how much he roots for our opposition we continue to stack wins on top of each other. If they could somehow manage to cram Randy Cross into the booth alongside Tasker and his Baltimore purple tie-wearing sidekick yesterday the trinity of Bengal hatred would have been complete.

This team could be even better offensively....IF the OC would quit trying to hammer the point of running Rudi Johnson up the middle.

They want to establish the run so bad....but seem to forget that the passing game of this team is their strongest part. Rudi ran good at first...but then the Ravens clogged the middle....what do you do? You go outside or start passing. Last year CP had his first big breakout game against the Ravens in BAL with that 27-26 comeback win. It was beacuse of the passing game.

This team plays way to conservatively after getting a lead. It's like they have Jon Kitna at QB or something. Maybe they feel like they have to protect the defense and not go up and down the field so quickly.

I just feel like they could put teams away with their passing game a lot more than they are. Of course...the stupid penalties in the red zones that always seem to crop up do not help.

I think for the draft next year....if they do not sign a good-big DT....would be ...

DT-TE-S-CB.....another G.... then some more depth at LB... a RB who can run outside in the later rounds.

Don't forget we'll have Kenny Watson coming back next year.

I definitely think that DT should be the highest priority in the upcoming draft. I might go Safety b/f I go TE. I'd like to upgrade from Kim Herring. A 2nd rounder on the level of Madieu would make for a sweet safety combo.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Thank you. I screamed something similar to TeamCasey (who I don't think was watching the game) after the announcers kept saying repeatedly that the officiating has gone against the Ravens all season, including today when the touchdown was taken away due to an "inadvertent" whistle. The Bengals stopped when the whistle was blown; the Ravens didn't. Their comments ticked me off.
    Same here. That was the thing that made me angrier than anything else Tasker said yesterday. He kept going on and on about how that call "cost the Ravens a touchdown". It was as if the Bengals would have stood and watched him walk into the endzone, whistle or no. Idiot. Just a complete idiot. Being a former player DOES NOT qualify one to have a job in the booth, as he and others demonstrate each week.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Same here. That was the thing that made me angrier than anything else Tasker said yesterday. He kept going on and on about how that call "cost the Ravens a touchdown". It was as if the Bengals would have stood and watched him walk into the endzone, whistle or no. Idiot. Just a complete idiot. Being a former player DOES NOT qualify one to have a job in the booth, as he and others demonstrate each week.
    Tracy Jones says Hello.

I just felt like chiming in on the announcer issue:

I watched part of the game yesterday, and I rarely, IF EVER, complain about the quality of the announcing, but the announcers for the game yesterday could not have baltantly been more open in their rooting for the Ravens. When Palmer threw his second touchdown, it was met with near comical nonchalance. When Wright was sacked towards the end of the game, one of the announcers (Tasker?) audibly groaned. There were more shots of brian Billick in the last 5 minutes of the game than of Marvin Lewis during the entire game.

I know this sounds like the rantings of some homer fan, but believe me, those of you who watched the game know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. It was perhaps the worst announcing performance I have ever heard with network announcers.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Speaking of the announcers, I wonder what would be said if the Bengals won the Super Bowl this year. Who knows if they're really that good, which might not be the case, but if they pulled it off a lot of those announcers would be eating some major crow.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc
    7-2, seven games to go and four of them are at home. A 4-3 finish will get the Bengals in for the first time in over a decade.

Remaining schedule:
    Indy
    Balt
    @Pitt
    Clev
    @Det
    Buf
    @KC

A 4-3 finish should almost be looked at as worse case scenario.
    The Buffalo matchup is the "gimme" game I'd worry most about. Most everybody I have talked with is calling these four games as the "sure wins" that remain on the schedule: Balt, Clev, @ Det and Buf.

I believe that Cincy should handle Balt and Clev at home fairly easily because both teams have pretty anemic offenses. On the road at Detroit can be tricky, but they are having some real problems at QB this season and I think that the Bengals are playing better defense on the road at this point in the season. When they are at home, the Bengals seem to have a tendency to get into shootouts...which leads me to the Buffalo game.

I was at the game last year when Buffalo came to PBS and simply rolled over a Bengal team that was playing pretty good ball at the time. Buffalo always brings a good amount of fans with them on the road and will probably be fighting for their playoff lives at that point of the year. Cincinnati will most likely have clinched a playoff spot by then (Week # 16) and may look past Buffalo.

By the way, I also hear that the three "sure losses" that remain for the Bengals are these games: Indy, @ Pitt and @ KC. FWIW, I think that Cincy will lose the first two, but will come out of Arrowhead victorious....

I soooooooooooo want them to beat the Steelers, especially in their own house!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I soooooooooooo want them to beat the Steelers, especially in their own house!
    Me, too!! I have two friends who are Stiller fans, and they can be so smug. If you've ever attended a Bengals-Stillers game in Cincinnati, you know that the whole bunch of 'em can be annoying. And they won their last Super Bowl when?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?