Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trivia Pursuit

Trivia Pursuit

This could be a fun thread. My daughter got an email with a list of fun, interesting trivia. If you have any - share it here.

The ones in bold print I'll leave for you to guess (I'll give the answers if no one else does.)

Every day, more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.

Men can read smaller print then women can. Woman can hear better.

What was the original color of Coca-Cola?

It is impossible to lick your elbow. (see bottom )

Which state has the highest percentage of people who walk to work?
    Alaska

The percentage of Africa that is wilderness is 28%..... now get this - the percentage of North America that is wildreness is 38%.

The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400.

What is the most popular name boat owners give their name?
    Obsession

What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?

What is the only food that doesn't spoil?

Which day are there more collect calls than any other day of the year?

In Shakespear's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase.... "Goodnihgt, sleep tight."

In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts. So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them "Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down!" It's where we got the phrase "Mind your P's and Q's"

What was the first novel ever written on a typewriter?

The average number of people airborne over the US any given hour? 61,000

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

Each king in a deck of playng card represents a great king from history. Who are they on each type of card?

AT LEAST 75% OF YOU WHO READ THIS WILL TRY TO LICK THEIR ELBOW!
    Last edited by GAC; 11-08-2005 at 08:17 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trivia Pursuit

Coca-cola was orginally a greenish color.
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

Post To Contact

Actually, I was leaning somewhere else, but now I remember the day with the most collect calls is Father's Day... that's messed up!
    Last edited by Big Donkey; 11-08-2005 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by It8ifyifitsgrif
    Coca-cola was orginally a greenish color.
    Nope, urban legend. Has always been a brown color.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/green.asp

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    What do bulletproff vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?

What is the only food that doesn't spoil?

Which day are there more collect calls than any other day of the year?
    Invented by the fairer sex.

Honey.

Christmas?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

So far -you're all right (except for TC's guess on Christmas).

Who would have thunk that a woman invented the bullet proof vest and fire escapes? Maybe a woman with a frightful spouse?

And they invented the windshield wiper - but can't change'em (at least not in this household)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

What was the first novel ever written on a typewriter?

Each king in a deck of playng card represents a great king from history. Who are they on each type of card?

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer-Mark Twain

David-Spades, Alexander-Hearts, Caesar-Diamonds, and Charlemagne-Clubs
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I think the collect call day is probably Mother's Day or Father's Day. Gotta stiff the parents with those calls.

Big Donkey got that one right - it's Fathers Day.

And Iowa Red is right on too.

And they invented the windshield wiper - but can't change'em (at least not in this household)
    It's a conspiracy. Many of us know lots of things. We play dumb, so we don't have to do EVERYTHING.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    It's a conspiracy. Many of us know lots of things. We play dumb, so we don't have to do EVERYTHING.
    Men are good at that as well. Bill Cosby has a bit about how his father was so smart because he would play dumb and act like he was clueless about something and his wife would end up doing it. He said his dad was smarter than his mom because he knew how to play dumb well enough to get out of work.

What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?

This one got my attention so I googled it because I was curious. Anyways, I was talking to my girlfriend and, knowing the answer that women invented them, I ran the question by her. Her first response was that all four "always break." I then told her the correct answer

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    We already know what YOU like to use on a windshield - and like wiper blades, it also comes in twos!

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Men are good at that as well. Bill Cosby has a bit about how his father was so smart because he would play dumb and act like he was clueless about something and his wife would end up doing it. He said his dad was smarter than his mom because he knew how to play dumb well enough to get out of work.
    I always like the bit on Red Green where a buddy calls him up in a frantic because it's night time and they have lost power at the house, and he's fumbling around and ends up in a room he isn't familiar with. When Red asks him to feel around and give him a description, he finally responds - "Ed, Ed, You're in the kitchen!"

Turn Off Ads?