Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Thad Five" Now A Reality!

Re: "Thad Five" Now A Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    Best of moment of all last year by far. Easily topped storming the field after the Michigan game and that was pretty awesome. Nothing like running onto the court with everyone else completely wrapped up in the moment. I remember shaking Thad Matta's hand as he was leaving the court with Matt Sylvester. That was pretty awesome.
    Yeah, I have that game on tape. I was in England when it was played and my wife recorded it for me. I could not believe it when she called me and told me they had won. Then I got to see the 1st game of the B10 tourney in the airport bar in Chicago on my way home.

It is exciting seeing such highly thought of players signing. Only downfall in my eyes is the number of people that will be jumping on the bandwagon. That is good to some extent as any program, even at a place like tOSU, needs hearty fan support. But in some selfish ways it lessens my enjoyment a tiny bit as they are the people that would have never watched Carlos Davis struggle to bring the ball upcourt under pressure, aching with him during every misstep.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    My guess is Huggins will end up at Indiana, and Mayo and Walker will follow him there. They would have been Bearcats, but thanks to Nancy that won't happen now. The entire 06' class has bolted thanks to her, they have nobody signed.
    Rumor here is that they might end up at WVU. They are from Huntington originally, but I dont see it happening. There had been talk if they had been expelled from NCH for the fight that they would end up back at Huntington as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    When OSU fired O'Brien I was never happier.

But when they hired Matta (whom I followed while at Xaxier), I was overjoyed. Buck fans are gonna be more then pleased with Matta. He WILL revive this program.
    No question. Really, what was X before he got there? He got them to their first ever elite 8, and his X teams gave UC a run for their money year in and year out. The guy can flat out coach.

...And he's not going to break the rules.

I'm not picturing Bob Huggins at Indiana. Steve Alford seems to be the natural no matter what happens at Iowa.

John Belien's got things going at West Virginia.

Skip Prosser in Cincinnati's a little fuzzy, but maybe a long-shot.

Iowa and Bob Huggins would be interesting.

Bob Huggins replacing John Chaney at Temple........
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I'm not picturing Bob Huggins at Indiana. Steve Alford seems to be the natural no matter what happens at Iowa.

John Belien's got things going at West Virginia.

Skip Prosser in Cincinnati's a little fuzzy, but maybe a long-shot.

Iowa and Bob Huggins would be interesting.

Bob Huggins replacing John Chaney at Temple........
    I'm only hearing 2 names for UC, Prosser or Mick Cronin. I doubt Nancy would permit a Cronin hire given his previous ties to Huggins. I'm not sure if Prosser would give up his ACC gig.

We'll probably get some nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    Yeah, I have that game on tape. I was in England when it was played and my wife recorded it for me. I could not believe it when she called me and told me they had won. Then I got to see the 1st game of the B10 tourney in the airport bar in Chicago on my way home.
    One of my friends recorded it as well and is supposedly making me a dvd of it, but I'm still waiting for him to get some free time.

The Big 10 tourney was amazing. I went to Chicago for it with the athletic band and we had a great time. They put us up with the team in the Fairmont hotel downtown. It was a heck of an atmosphere at the United Center. The only downfall was all the mad Illinois fans around the city that kept giving us crap the whole time. We couldn't walk down the street without somebody saying something to us about that win.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    No question. Really, what was X before he got there? He got them to their first ever elite 8, and his X teams gave UC a run for their money year in and year out. The guy can flat out coach.

Exactly Matt. And at OSU (as of late), that is a plus!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Sham

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw

Uh, Xavier was winning about 25 games a year and a regular participant in the NCAA before Thad got there. Staak, Gillen, and Prosser built the program (and the Cintas center) and filled the team with great players, sending plenty of guys to the NBA. Thad did a great job, but to say Xavier was nothing before he got there is flat out ignorant.
    Last edited by Sham; 11-11-2005 at 02:57 PM.

Turn Off Ads?