Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about UK "starting intro" and player introductions

Question about UK "starting intro" and player introductions

Does everyone else get goosebumps whenever they play the opening montage and announce the starting line-ups? It gets me every time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Question about UK "starting intro" and player introductions

Or perhaps better stated: Whomever your team is, does the opening montage and player intros get your blood boiling and your pulse racing?

I think that it depends entirely upon the quality of you PA announcer. There are some who are very good (UK and Chicago Bulls circa Jordan era) and some who are REEAAALLY cheesy.

As Blimpie mentioned, 90's era Bulls intros did it to me everytime. Especially that second 3 peat with Jordan and Pippen and Rodman. There was such an aura and awe that you believed every game out they were going to win.

And I am a UK fan, but somehow it's not quite the same thing for me as the Bulls.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    As Blimpie mentioned, 90's era Bulls intros did it to me everytime. Especially that second 3 peat with Jordan and Pippen and Rodman. There was such an aura and awe that you believed every game out they were going to win.

And I am a UK fan, but somehow it's not quite the same thing for me as the Bulls.
    I think with the UK PA announcer, it is really a combination of the video montage and music more than his technique, per se....

Ray Clay is the man you're talking about from the Bulls' era.

That was a fun time.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Or perhaps better stated: Whomever your team is, does the opening montage and player intros get your blood boiling and your pulse racing?
    That's more like it. Not being a UK fan, their intro really doesn't do much for me.

WilyMoROCKS,

Seems like we have the same favorite teams. Reds, UK, and Bengals. Do you watch NBA?

There's a few things that get my blood pumping,

Growing up a UC fan, in it's hey day, there was little better then hearing the PA "Ladies and Gentleman, here come the Cats," as UC players jogged onto the court.

The Bengals opening thing is uber-cheesy, but seeing the Bengal maul the opponents flag is still exciting in its completely over the top manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    WilyMoROCKS,

Seems like we have the same favorite teams. Reds, UK, and Bengals. Do you watch NBA?

TS,
    Since moving to Cleveland for law school, I've begun cheering for the Cavs. They're easy to root for. They're much-improved this year, and LeBron is one of the top-five talents in the NBA (ceiling-wise probably #1).

A buddy of mine has season-ticket floor seats, which doesn't hurt.

However, my interest in the NBA pales in comparison to my passion for the Reds, Bengals, and esp. UK.

I was always a big Michael Jordan fan. Getting to travel w/ my dad to Washington D.C. to see him in his final season w/ the Wizards was a special experience. They were playing the T-Mac/Yao led Rockets. Jordan, at like 42, ended up with 35 as the game went into overtime with the Wizards emerging victorious. Jordan threw down a thunderous dunk in overtime which I found absolutely incredible considering his age and the number of minutes that he logged that game. Amazing. I'll never forget it.

The Cavs are okay, but i'm a Pacers fan so there goes our streak.

Ohhh yeah, I hate the Pacers. Ron Artest is the biggest thug in the NBA (and that's really saying something!).

Iverson?

Artest just has a lack of intelligence and a bad temper problem, I wouldn't exactly say he's the worst in the NBA, IMO. He's one of my favorite players though, so I'm a little biased.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    Iverson?

Artest just has a lack of intelligence and a bad temper problem, I wouldn't exactly say he's the worst in the NBA, IMO. He's one of my favorite players though, so I'm a little biased.
    I'm not a big Pacers fan (T'Wolves supporter) but Artest is no thug. I like his game a lot, although he needs a little help in the understanding of how society works.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    I'm not a big Pacers fan (T'Wolves supporter) but Artest is no thug. I like his game a lot, although he needs a little help in the understanding of how society works.
    Perhaps he isn't a thug when compared to Latrell Sprewell.

Any professional athlete that runs into the stands with fists flying b/c he got hit with a paper cup is a thug.

Turn Off Ads?