Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anybody watching UC being spanked by WVA?

Anybody watching UC being spanked by WVA?

Ugly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anybody watching UC being spanked by WVA?

I was watching it early in the game. Then the lights went out on campus and both coaches agreed to play under the dim generator powered backup lights. WVA still proceeded to drive right down the field and score with most of the lights out.

That's when I flipped the channel.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Very disappointing game for UC. Didn't expect them to win, but, geesh, ugly national TV game.

I enjoyed it, but then again, that's just me.

Cincinnati will be fine over the next few years. They have speed and I like their young quarterback. The Big East will help. They are young and will be a force later, no doubt.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

No offense to WV but I can't help but wish for the day the Big East loses that BCS bid.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    No offense to WV but I can't help but wish for the day the Big East loses that BCS bid.
    Where would it go? Would it go to another Big 11 team or to the ACC? Then it would shut out the Northeastern part of the country while the midwest and the South would continue to dominate.

Seriously, the Big East is no worse than most conferences. They have their cream and their pretenders as does the SEC, ACC and Big 10. If you look at the ACC, only Miami and Va Tech are really good programs year after year (and they both came from the Big East). And that changes from year to year.

And to tell you the truth, the BCS is a smokescreen anyway. Until a real playoff system is established, it will always be a question mark as to who is the National Champion. So, it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I much prefer NCAA basketball where a National Champion earns it rather than is popular. To the ESPN folks . JMO.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 11-10-2005 at 12:23 AM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I don't know how they can fix the total system, it's pretty fouled up like we all know. I just can't honestly think that anywhere in the recent future, a BCS game with a Big East team would be able to generate good ratings and cash for these big wig sponsors and bowl committees.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    I was watching it early in the game. Then the lights went out on campus and both coaches agreed to play under the dim generator powered backup lights. WVA still proceeded to drive right down the field and score with most of the lights out.

Yep, I was sitting in class when the lights went out in the classroom. My first thought: "I really hope the stadium lights weren't affected."

Stupid budget cuts.

I went straight from class to the game. The stadium lighting appeared normal when I arrived. So I dunno.
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-10-2005 at 02:09 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

For a Level Playing Field

Rumor has it...

Nancy Zimpher is blaming Bob Huggins for the power outage.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792

It was lights out for UC anyway, no matter how well the field was illuminated.

This season has to be pretty rough for Dantonio. They had some lofty expectations heading in...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigg Red Smokey
    This season has to be pretty rough for Dantonio. They had some lofty expectations heading in...

I disagree. The expectations were very low headed into this year. They graduated virtually their entire team after last season. I'm not sure of an exact number, but at least half the starters on both side of the ball are first or second year players. They are very young and unexperienced.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Yep, I was sitting in class when the lights went out in the classroom. My first thought: "I really hope the stadium lights weren't affected."

Stupid budget cuts.

I went straight from class to the game. The stadium lighting appeared normal when I arrived. So I dunno.
    I guess that $3 Million Nancy gave to Huggins to go away should have been used for the electric bill....

Turn Off Ads?