I was fixing the hole in my ceiling yesterday and needed to reach a bit higher to get a couple screws in, so I decided to use a kitchen chair. Big mistake! Here I am, reaching up with the cordless drill in one hand and a screw in the other when the leg on the chair just broke. These are sturdy looking chairs, but the darn thing just snapped. I was caught somewhat unawares and went flying into the wall. I knew something was wrong when I tried to get up and didn't have enough strength in my left arm.

So my wife got home and drove me up to Mercy Fairfield and by that time the pain was getting pretty intense. The x-ray was not pleasant, twisting my arm in all directions to get the right shot. Well, it turns out that I have two breaks, one in the elbow and one in the wrist. I'm splinted up and I'm going to get a cast Monday. If you don't see many posts from me for a while, only having one hand might have an effect on my typing ability. Now if these pain killers could work a bit better...

So next time you need to reach something, think twice before you use a kitchen chair. At least it was my left arm. I'd hate to have to change my screen name for the next six weeks.